Old 15-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Off Topic Hard Drive Recall

FWIW
I have an 18 month old hp Pavilion 7940 with a 40 GB hard drive. hp is
sending me a new hard drive because this one has been found to be defective.
The defective drive is a 40 GB drive made Fujitsu (sp?).
If any of the list members have an hp or Compact you might visit their web
sits and see if your system is listed.
They also have a phone number, not toll free, that can assist you. They will
replace your drive if it is one of the defective ones.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 15-03-2003, 11:56 PM
David Durocher

From what I heard, Fujitsu had a "problem" with the manufacturing process
that went on for some time. We had a group of 10 computers with 30 GB
fujitsu drives in them that we bought about 2 yrs ago. After half of the
drives failed within less than a year, we contacted our supplier and had
them replace the rest. Our supplier had no problem with this request since
they also had other customers with the same problems we were having.

We no longer buy Fujitsu drives in our new computers ...

If you have a Fujitsu drive, you might want to follow Billy's advice and
look into it!

I have an 18 month old hp Pavilion 7940 with a 40 GB hard drive. hp is
sending me a new hard drive because this one has been found to be

defective.
The defective drive is a 40 GB drive made Fujitsu (sp?).
If any of the list members have an hp or Compact you might visit their web
sits and see if your system is listed.
They also have a phone number, not toll free, that can assist you. They

will
replace your drive if it is one of the defective ones.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++