Old 24-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Pedro Amorim Pereira

Default [IBC] Cinnamon!!!

Greetings...

Does someone here ever heard about using cinnamon has some king of fungicide
and scar healer?
Some told me that it's using it that way in orchids!!!
Any idea?

Thanks

Pedro Amorim Pereira _ Porto - Portugal

http://sapp.telepac.pt/bonsai-pt/
http://www.geocities.com/pedropereira.geo

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 25-03-2003, 12:32 PM
Monica Fernandez

I'm in a orchid list in spanish and our experts use it. Don't know which is
the active principle but it seems to work.

Monika Fernandez
Old 25-03-2003, 01:20 PM

Greetings,

One more questions about cinnamon, not the product but simple...

.... do you know what fungi species we can fight with it?

Thank you all

Pedro A.Pereira

http://mail2web.com/ .

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 25-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Jim Lewis

Greetings,

One more questions about cinnamon, not the product but simple...

.... do you know what fungi species we can fight with it?

Thank you all

Pedro A.Pereira

=========

You will need to find a product that contains it and read the
label. It will probably be labeled for different things for
different plants (those plants that the cinnamon oil doesn't
damage, that is).

There are so many other, less damaging products out there I can't
imagine why anyone would use this one.

And you need to remember that MOST fungicides are no good at
_curing_ an existing infection.

David Thoreau - Walden

Old 25-03-2003, 02:56 PM

Hei, Jim Lewis,

One more questions about cinnamon, not the product but simple...
... do you know what fungi species we can fight with it?

You will need to find a product that contains
it and read the label.

Hehe... with simple, I meant the natural cinnamon, not the one that's being
sold has fungicide :-) That one must have some other chemicals, right!? :-)

Just curious about the real effect of natural cinnamon in the fungi!

Just for the curiousity... the ones with the chemical one... can you post
what the label says about this?!

Thanks

Pedro A.Pereira

http://mail2web.com/ .

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 25-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Just for the curiousity... the ones with the chemical one... can
you post
what the label says about this?!

============

Go he
http://www.wmmg.com/tando/toproducts...pecimen_label_
101199.pdf+cinnamite+label&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

You may have to cut and paste this URL if there is a line break
(as I'm sure there will be).

If that doesn't work, do a Google search for: cinnamite label

Old 25-03-2003, 03:56 PM

TANKS Jim Lewis

That's what I told... you're the best :-)

ok...ok... others are helping too... thank you all :-)

Pedro A.Pereira

http://mail2web.com/ .

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Cinnamon tree, where in Beisbane? Cristian Croitoru Australia 0 18-05-2004 12:08 PM
Cinnamon Diana Kulaga Orchids 2 28-02-2004 03:42 AM
what ...long roots (Cinnamon) Diana Kulaga Orchids 12 27-02-2004 04:02 AM
[IBC] RV: [IBC] Cinnamon!!! Monica Fernandez Bonsai 0 26-03-2003 12:44 PM
[IBC] cinnamon as pesticide -- BE CAREFUL! Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 25-03-2003 03:56 AM