Old 01-03-2007, 03:32 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

Default why the newsgroup doesn't get responses.

Scooter the Mighty wrote:
On Feb 28, 7:11 am, "pawhincup"
wrote:
I've got 2500 plus messages going back to 25/4/04, only 10

are for this
year. Whats the average number of postings per week? Can you

post pictures
here now? Don't recognise any names.

Pete Whincup

For some reason, if you ask a question here people will email you

why that
is.

Well, I've been though this 1,998,976.33 times but here's the
rounding up .66th time.

Once upon a time the newsgroup was linked to a mailing list. Each
got posts that went to the other and it was all one big happy family.

Then, the link broke and it seems unfixable in its current
incarnation (we're working on another solution!). So, no, the
newsgroup messages reach the mailing list, but the mailing list
replies (or orgional posts) don't get to the newsgroup. Folks
who ask question on the NG and are answered by someone on the
mailing list, get the individual e-mail response because the
mailing list is set up to send all posters an individual response
as well as sending one to the mailing list (which doesn't make it
to the NG).

Ill also post this on the NG, so mailing listees will get it
twice. :-(

To answer your original question, the traffic is way down --
perhaps 10-20 messages a week instead of the 50 a day we got 4
years ago and before.

Look at www.internetbonsaiclub.org. Click on Galleries.

Jim Lewis - - Columbus, NC - We have failed to
examine our love affair with technology. . . . Today's problems
are all too often yesterday's solutions. Stephen Viederman,
Jesse Smith Noyes Foundation