Old 18-03-2007, 08:01 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

Default Pokon bonsai food question

Hi.
This question may be more linguistic than botanic, but here I go:
yesterday I bought a bottle of Pokon 4-4-4 bonsai food. On the back of
the bottle it reads: "Fill top of cap and dissolve in one quart of
lukewarm water". What is "one quart"? Some sort of measure I'm unaware
of, or some misspelling or missing word.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tia,
Ole K
Old 18-03-2007, 09:54 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

In article ,
Ole Kvaal wrote:

This question may be more linguistic than botanic, but here I go:
yesterday I bought a bottle of Pokon 4-4-4 bonsai food. On the back of
the bottle it reads: "Fill top of cap and dissolve in one quart of
lukewarm water". What is "one quart"? Some sort of measure I'm unaware
of, or some misspelling or missing word.

That depends on whether it's a US quart or a British Imperial quart.
A US quart is 0.946 liters, an Imperial quart is 1.136 liters.

I'd play it safe and use the larger amount.
Old 18-03-2007, 10:12 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

Wayne C. Morris wrote:
In article ,
Ole Kvaal wrote:

(snip) What is "one quart"? Some sort of measure I'm unaware
of, or some misspelling or missing word.

That depends on whether it's a US quart or a British Imperial quart.
A US quart is 0.946 liters, an Imperial quart is 1.136 liters.

I'd play it safe and use the larger amount.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Now I can feed the poor little things.

rgds,
ole k
Old 18-03-2007, 10:15 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:01:30 +0100, Ole Kvaal
wrote:

What is "one quart"? Some sort of measure I'm unaware
of, or some misspelling or missing word.

1 US quart = 946.35295 milliliters

---
Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
Eugene Oregon
Old 18-03-2007, 10:26 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

bitwisebob wrote:
1 US quart = 946.35295 milliliters

:-) Thanks.

ole k

Old 19-03-2007, 07:20 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

Ole Kvaal wrote:
Hi.
This question may be more linguistic than botanic, but here I go:
yesterday I bought a bottle of Pokon 4-4-4 bonsai food. On the back of
the bottle it reads: "Fill top of cap and dissolve in one quart of
lukewarm water". What is "one quart"? Some sort of measure I'm unaware
of, or some misspelling or missing word.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 quart = 1.136 litre

~Semper Fi~
Old 20-03-2007, 11:17 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

Ole Kvaal wrote:

Hi.
This question may be more linguistic than botanic, but here I go:
yesterday I bought a bottle of Pokon 4-4-4 bonsai food. On the back of
the bottle it reads: "Fill top of cap and dissolve in one quart of
lukewarm water". What is "one quart"? Some sort of measure I'm unaware
of, or some misspelling or missing word.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tia,
Ole K

a fourth part of a gallon US liquid measures = 4
liters 1 /4 of gallon = 1 liter
where do you live on the h moon ? everybody know but you
wha ta quarter or gallon or liter is
even in Finland !

Theo
l'existence... , farandole de l'amour de la vie et de
la mort , dansée selon
l' air du temps

Boycott Japanese products -sushi-bars or whatever is
Japanese ,
as they are killing 960 whales this year AGAIN for
**scientific purposes!**

Old 22-03-2007, 05:20 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

On Mar 18, 2:01 pm, Ole Kvaal wrote:
Hi.
This question may be more linguistic than botanic, but here I go:
yesterday I bought a bottle of Pokon 4-4-4 bonsai food. On the back of
the bottle it reads: "Fill top of cap and dissolve in one quart of
lukewarm water". What is "one quart"? Some sort of measure I'm unaware
of, or some misspelling or missing word.

Go ahead and use a liter. It won't make any real difference.

J. Del Col

POKON martin United Kingdom 2 27-05-2004 12:12 AM
[IBC] Bonsai food (was: bonsai food gone bad.) Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 21-01-2004 07:42 AM
[IBC] Bonsai food (was: bonsai food gone bad.) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 20-01-2004 11:23 PM
[IBC] Bonsai food (was: bonsai food gone bad.) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 20-01-2004 11:22 PM
[IBC] Bonsai food (was: bonsai food gone bad.) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 20-01-2004 11:12 PM