Old 30-03-2007, 05:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,rec.arts.bonsai

Default Juniper Bonsai Revisited 1

"Wendy7" wrote:
Looking good Nick. Cheers Wendy
"Nick Cramer" wrote in message

Transpanted it three weeks ago. It's already showing new growth on the
righthandmost branch.

Shifting thread to r.a.b Any replies there, please.

Thanks, Wendy. The weather's been so crazy here (alternately 50° and 80° F)
that I'm having trouble guessing when to water it. When I do, I put it in a
tub of water for a half hour, then sprinkle the leaves. Some rain would be
nice.

~Semper Fi~
Old 02-04-2007, 08:19 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

On Mar 29, 9:32 pm, Nick Cramer wrote:
"Wendy7" wrote:
Looking good Nick. Cheers Wendy
"Nick Cramer" wrote in message

Transpanted it three weeks ago. It's already showing new growth on the
righthandmost branch.

Shifting thread to r.a.b Any replies there, please.

Thanks, Wendy. The weather's been so crazy here (alternately 50° and 80° F)
that I'm having trouble guessing when to water it. When I do, I put it in a
tub of water for a half hour, then sprinkle the leaves. Some rain would be
nice.

~Semper Fi~

If you bottom water as described you have to use really soft water.
Otherwise minerals will build up in the soil and make your plant
unhappy. I live in Seattle and can get away with it, but I still
water from the top occasionally to help wash out excess minerals in
case they're there.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:50 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

"Wendy7" wrote:
Looking good Nick. Cheers Wendy
"Nick Cramer" wrote in message

Transpanted it three weeks ago. It's already showing new growth on
the righthandmost branch.

Shifting thread to r.a.b Any replies there, please.

Thanks, Wendy. The weather's been so crazy here (alternately 50-80 F
that I'm having trouble guessing when to water it. When I do, I put it
in a tub of water for a half hour, then sprinkle the leaves. Some rain
would be nice.

If you bottom water as described you have to use really soft water.
Otherwise minerals will build up in the soil and make your plant
unhappy. I live in Seattle and can get away with it, but I still
water from the top occasionally to help wash out excess minerals in
case they're there.

Thanks, Scooter. When I sprinkle the leaves, I gently dump all the water
from the tub onto the soil and quite bit runs out the bottom.

~Semper Fi~