Old 03-05-2007, 06:04 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

Default A long branch - what to do with it

I have a recenty bought bonsai (Chinese Elm, c. 6 years old) which as
well as the normal crown has this year grown a single very long branch
(well, okay, it isn't exactly fat enough to be called a branch yet,
but still), which reaches to the floor. I suppose the normal thing to
do would be to remove it when pruning to shape? Is there anything more
imginative I could do with it instead? I know, it is difficult to tell
without seeing it, and I haven't seen any style in which such a single
branch would fit, I'm just wondering if anyone with more ideas and
experience than me wants to make some suggestions before I attack it
with pruning shears :-)

--
All the best,
Dog

Old 08-05-2007, 12:07 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

Jim Lewis wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
wrote:
[ . . . ]

Better yet, go to
www.internetbonsaiclub.org, click on galleries,
register, then post the picture there (after reading the "Picture
Posting Guidelines" at the head of the Potensai gallery. ou'll
have LOTS of help available to you there.

I would, but that's just too complicated for this old codger.

~Semper Fi~

Old 11-05-2007, 09:51 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

Jim Lewis wrote:

Posting Guidelines" at the head of the Potensai gallery. ou'll have
LOTS of help available to you there.

and be careful not to step on anyone sore corn , a
frustrated crone , sad old neglected alone
acidic woman or men...
do not say merry christmas is no- no might offend jew or
arabs or wicca
or whomever that does not think like you ...
tolerance is only one way , you must endure their crises
menaces and nagging and bad mood ...
but must squat at their caprices and quickly apologise
or will be banned...

be as much as you can politically correct .. and learn
nothing ..
OR buy a book end enjoy bonsai
:-D

Theo

Lies are sweet to hear / le menzogne sono dolci all'orecchio
But truth has a bitter taste !/ ma la verita ha un
gusto amaro

Old 11-05-2007, 10:47 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

Theo wrote:
Jim Lewis wrote:
[ . . . ]
Lies are sweet to hear / le menzogne sono dolci all'orecchio
But truth has a bitter taste !/ ma la verita ha un gusto amaro

I'm too old to start being PC, so I'll stay here.

And I much prefer the often ugly truth to sweet lies!

~Semper Fi~
Old 11-05-2007, 11:00 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

Nick Cramer wrote:

Theo wrote:

Lies are sweet to hear / le menzogne sono dolci all'orecchio
But truth has a bitter taste !/ ma la verita ha un gusto amaro

I'm too old to start being PC, so I'll stay here.

And I much prefer the often ugly truth to sweet lies!

it is a good choice
cheers

--

Theo
Lies are sweet to hear / le menzogne sono dolci all'orecchio
But truth has a bitter taste !/ ma la verita ha un
gusto amaro

How long for phal to branch-spike, if it will? Ray Orchids 9 02-03-2004 09:44 PM
Branch growing below the graft MC Emily United Kingdom 4 10-05-2003 05:08 PM
Red Branch Dogwood TC Plant Biology 0 06-05-2003 09:20 PM
[IBC] Hibiscus branch fattening ... remove flowers or not? Paul Welch Bonsai 1 07-04-2003 11:32 PM
[IBC] Fw: Maple Society North American Branch Meeting Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:56 AM