Old 24-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Registered User

Location: West Wales
Default Hungry?

What's the best thing to feed to my DIY bonsai Ash?

Would any old proprietary plant food do?

Toptaff
Old 06-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Registered User

Location: England
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by toptaff View Post
What's the best thing to feed to my DIY bonsai Ash?

Would any old proprietary plant food do?

Toptaff
Hi.

I am also trying to grow my own bonsai (a red Japanese maple)

I have not been growing it all that long but I have put it in some bonsai compost and I feed it with the special bonsai feed.

Although it is early days, it is looking really well and healthy, I only feed it about once a month as I am growing it outside.

Personally, I would recommend this method.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Shelley
Old 08-07-2008, 09:16 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

On Jun 24, 6:04*am, toptaff
wrote:
What's the best thing to feed to my DIY bonsai Ash?

Would any old proprietary plant food do?

Yes, pretty much. Just be sure to give it a good top-down watering
occasionally to prevent salts from building up in the soil.

[IBC] Fwd: Hungry Boxwood, non bonsai Kitsune Miko Bonsai 0 03-11-2003 05:42 PM
Max: Awake n Hungry K Barrett Orchids 2 15-06-2003 08:20 PM
Phosphate hungry plants TimmyBrisby Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 07:21 AM
Nutrient deficiency or hungry otos? Richard Krush Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 07:20 AM
Otto cats are hungry? Steve Galupe Freshwater Aquaria Plants 10 20-04-2003 07:12 AM