Old 09-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Registered User

Default How to bonsai a Mango tree?

I've recently planted a mango tree seed that had begun shooting in a small pot, no more than two inches long and an inch wide. I'm hoping the small pot will keep it and it's leaves small.

If not, how do you keep the leaves from growing large, given that mango trees usually grow exceptionally large leaves? Any other tips on how to bonsai them? Thanks!
Old 05-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Registered User

Location: Carlsbad, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
I've recently planted a mango tree seed that had begun shooting in a small pot, no more than two inches long and an inch wide. I'm hoping the small pot will keep it and it's leaves small.

If not, how do you keep the leaves from growing large, given that mango trees usually grow exceptionally large leaves? Any other tips on how to bonsai them? Thanks!
I believe that if you do make a bonsai everything follows. Like the trunk, leaves. Everything shrinks. Or becomes miniature. But if it happens to be the actual size then something might be wrong with the way you bonsai the plant.
Old 15-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Registered User

Hey dude you seem to be crazy, I do have a couple of bonsai plants but a Mango tree is different.
I am sure that its not gonna give u mango hahahahaha

Growing a mango tree in a medium pot, pruning? Elwood Gardening 0 09-04-2010 04:48 PM
growing a mango tree in a big pot Zarlot531 Edible Gardening 5 24-06-2008 05:28 AM
Mango tree question Rob Australia 4 15-10-2006 05:43 AM
Please help with dying Mango tree nesredep egrob Australia 3 02-03-2006 07:39 PM
Growing mango tree ........ Kate ...... Gardening 0 15-08-2003 11:22 AM