Old 03-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Registered User

Default Bonsai sweat?

Hello GardenBanter users

I moved house somewhat recently to Africa and I have been experimenting with different kind of plants now that I am in a climate that can grow them. I have planted and grown several bonsai trees during my stay however something suspicious is happening with them...
On a paticularly hot or bright day the plants seem to sweat as a human would, visibly dripping from the leaves. Is this normal? I have not had this with any other plant and it is definitely not dew. My theory is that the plant juice within is seaping out somehow because of the heat.
My neighbours who also keep bonsai trees (The Tickle family, I get my seeds from them) find this confusing and have told me to apply vaseline on the leaves as to restore their naturally waxy protection. The problem with the vaseline route I have found though is that the bonsai tree slides away at night - I have found my trees miles from my home after a windy night.
Thanks for reading, I hope somebody can help.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Registered User

Ahhh, my parents had the same problem when they visited Sweden. The problem is the Bonsai trees are being choked by the smog in the air. Africa is a very big industrial based society, and the pollution in the air is making your plants suffocate.

To rectify this, simply smother your plants in natural honey, and I mean natural, BECAUSE IF I FIND YOU USING ARTIFICIAL SHIT ON THEM PLANTS I'LL DESTROY YOU!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:33 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
csd csd is offline

Dear Enflamed Tulip,
Ignore the strange responses above. There is nothing wrong with your
plants. The conditions in your climate are simply causing them to
produce extra nectar. They are making more sugar than they need. You
don't have to do anything. If the nectar makes them sticky, just wash
it off. For goodness sake, don't put honey or vaseline on them. It
will clog up their pores.
Iris
Old 08-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by csd View Post
Dear Enflamed Tulip,
Ignore the strange responses above. There is nothing wrong with your
plants. The conditions in your climate are simply causing them to
produce extra nectar. They are making more sugar than they need. You
don't have to do anything. If the nectar makes them sticky, just wash
it off. For goodness sake, don't put honey or vaseline on them. It
will clog up their pores.
Iris
you clearly don't know much about african gardening then sir. I suggest you live in a smogy country yourself, you'll soon understand that plants need natural honey to survive.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantLuberJohn View Post
you clearly don't know much about african gardening then sir. I suggest you live in a smogy country yourself, you'll soon understand that plants need natural honey to survive.
Yo Sir clearly don't know about plants. Everything csd said was correct. No need to put Vaseline or honey on them just wash them like you would most pants and it should be fine, in fact if you put Vaseline or honey on them it would do harm to the plants. The early posts are somewhat strange.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangePoppy View Post
Yo Sir clearly don't know about plants. Everything csd said was correct. No need to put Vaseline or honey on them just wash them like you would most pants and it should be fine, in fact if you put Vaseline or honey on them it would do harm to the plants. The early posts are somewhat strange.
Sir, i have studied gardeniology for 4 years and know a lot about specific plant attributes, and i can tell you that it is a FACT that Bonsai tree's NEED honey to survive. Don't believe me? then go to a smogy country, and watch your Bonsai tree's wither and die.
Old 15-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Registered User

BMES-experience has given us Knowledge in conveying different kind of materials and also designing Custom Built Equipment's. Pneumatic Conveying System, Bag Slitting machine manufacturers in India.Pneumatic conveying system, Bag Slitting machine manufacturers, Dust Controller manufacturers. Small Bag Filling Machine Manufacturers.Pneumatic Conveying System
Old 15-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Registered User

BEMCO HYDRAULICS LIMITED orginally an Engineering Craftsman's shop in the late thirties has risen to be a premier producer of Portable re-railing equipment,Portable rerailing equipment, Light weight re-railing equipment, Hydraulic Re-railing equipment, Re-railing Systems, Hydraulic press, Wheel fitting press, C Frame press, Straightening press, Molding press, manufacturers, suppliers in bangalore India.
Old 20-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enflamed Tulip View Post
[...]

• Water your Juniper like most bonsai. Before watering your stand, invoice the soil by sticking your touch about half an, each in the soil or if it is on a pitch, elate it and feel the soil under it. If the soil is still damp, bound the total of water that you'll pour on your bonsai to inhibit source putrid. It is a general lead to never let you bonsai go dry for a long time. Although there are bonsai that favor condensed dry periods, trust your bonsai dry for absolute periods will surely slaughter your stand. When watering your bonsai, tolerate the soil to absorb the water first before pouring another one. Eventually, you will soon be able to mold a schedule depending on the climate of your subject.

• Your Juniper will necessary filtered sunlight. Avoid exposing your bonsai to candid sun.

• It is also important to use fertilizer on your Juniper. Use organic liquid fertilizer and supply your stand once every two weeks during jump and tumble. A chemical fertilizer could also be worn but it should be watery. Follow the instructions given by the manufacturer.

• Your Juniper should be repotted every two existence when it is still children or about 5-6 days old then every 3-5 years thereafter. Although it can be repotted in any time of the year, the best time is during coil or reduce. After repotting place it in a cool and suspect spot and give liberal amounts of water until new roots emerge.

• Provide it also with correct winter thought by custody it under cool temperatures generally under 600F to allow it to place. Avoid exposing it to dry winds and fanatical cold temperatures by with skylight wells, mulch beds or enclosed unheated quarters.
Fruit Trees