Old 22-03-2011, 04:45 AM
Registered User

Default Quick question about defoliation

When you guys defoliate a tree, do you also remove all terminal buds? I know this is essential for schefflera, but in many of the write-ups I've seen for ficus it makes no mention of terminal buds. I ask because when I defoliated my ficus I left most of the terminal buds intact, and I ended up with relatively little back budding and long twigs with leaves only at the ends. It seems logical that the terminal buds should go along with the leaves, but I didn't know if this was true.