Old 08-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Banned

Default New Serissa questions

I just bought my first bonsai tree from a garden center, a thousand star serissa. I live in the Cleveland, OH area and I have the plant situated in my sun room which gets plenty of light, not sure about how much direct sunlight though. I just bought it today so I have done nothing except to place it on a humidity tray. I will start watering and feeding it tomorrow morning. Some of the leaves are yellowed, some have brown tips and there are a few flowers. I'm going to leave it alone for a bit to see how it does. I've attached a couple of pictures. My question is, I would like to design the shape of it a bit more but I'm completely clueless on when to prune it, how often, when to begin styling and how to get the nice ramification that I see in pictures. Maybe anyone looking at the picture could also suggest a style that would suit the tree I have. Is it too late to train the trunk to slant or curve? If more pictures are needed please let me know.
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC01206.jpg
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC01205.jpg
Old 14-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksing2253 View Post
[...]
Apparently the pictures aren't working. Let's try again.
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC01206.jpg
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC01205.jpg

I also pruned it already and here are some pictures from that.
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC01238.jpg
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC01241.jpg