Old 25-02-2015, 11:17 PM
Registered User

Location: berkshire
Exclamation help with newbie bonsai ...

Hi all. Really hope I can get some help here.
I recently acquired a crassula argentea that I would love to bonsai.
I particularly like the moyogi and chokkan styles and least preferable sokan style.
I would like to get some help regarding which would be the best and easiest style to achieve, and where to prune the plant to achieve that style. the plant with be grown indoors too where it gets morning or afternoon Sun depending on where I put it If that makes a difference. I tried to attach some pictures for yourselves to see it currently but pics are too big

I would appreciate any and all help given.
Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks again in advance
Old 26-02-2015, 11:40 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai

Default help with newbie bonsai ...

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 10:25:05 PM UTC-5, zuhayr-123 wrote:
Hi all. Really hope I can get some help here.

Crassula is not a particularly good bonsai subject, If you would like a succulent bonsai, try Portulacaria afra, But it will need more sun than you can get in a window. During the winter it should be under fluorescent lights, and outdoors in the summer. For this kind of plant, the only feasible style is informal upright.
If you would really like to get into bonsai, I suggest you try a Ficus for indoors, or a Chinese elm, if you can give it a cold location during the winter.
Iris