Serissa propagation

Old 12-07-2003, 02:08 AM
Dimitrios Kalderis

Default Serissa propagation

My Serissa has just bloomed and 2 little white stars
are 'on show'.

I was wondering if the flowers are of any use. Can
they be used to propagate Serissa ?
Can we propagate a Serissa from a seed ?

many thanks for your help,
D.

http://sbc.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 12-07-2003, 04:20 AM
Carl L Rosner

:
Serissa will propagate readily by taking a cutting and place it in a
glass of water in a bright are, but not in direct sun. You will have
roots in less than 30 days..... Gently plant them in coarse sand and
watch them grow... grow.... and grow!!! Fertilize them after a month at
least weekly, since they will not obtain any nutrients from coarse sand...

Good liuck and welcome to the "I Love Serissa Club" :-D

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

Old 12-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Derek Zieminski

Yes, Indeed welcome to the "I Love Serissa Club". They do indeed propagate
very easily. My success has come with just a little bit of root tone and throw
them in bonsai soil. Typically I have roots and growth after a week during
this time of year. I also fertilize with Super Bloom after about two weeks
when I know that they are more stable. They are truely a very fun and enjoyable
plant with their beautiful little white flowers. Mine is in full bloom right
now.
Derek Zieminski
Summerville, SC
Zone 8A