Old 16-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] When to put bonsai outside?

In a message dated 5/16/2004 1:03:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

have been putting my fig outside during the day in the warm sun (which would
probably be too hot during mid summer

I live in Florida, my willow leaf figs stay outside in the summer. The
lowest a fig likes is about F 50, but as long as it doesn't go below F 32 it will
survive.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 17-05-2004, 11:16 PM
James Harris

I have several ficus trees, two of them are willow leaf. I put them all
outside for the summer when the night time low will not be any lower
than 50 degrees F. I live in S.E. Michigan so I experience similar
weather to yours. . All of them are placed where they will be in full
sun and they do very well.

Jim
S.E. Michigan, Zone 6

Kelly 5/16/04 12:41:53 PM

Hello all,

I have a willow leafed fig bonsai tree and I live in southern Ontario
Canada. It is springtime here, with temperatures warm during the day.
have been putting my fig outside during the day in the warm sun (which
would
probably be too hot during mid summer). The temperature could probably
go
to 5 degrees celsius at night time, so I have been bringing it inside.
Is
this unnecessary? Can it handle the chilly temperatures?

Also, during the summer when it is very hot, where is a good spot for
it?
Obviously not in full sun all day, but shade would be bad too. Any
tips?

Thank you,
Kelly

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++