Old 17-05-2004, 02:11 AM
Codswallop

Default Juniper not looking so hot

I've had a young juniper for the past few months, and been watering it
almost daily.

There's a few issues I've noticed, which may or may not be a problem.
The juniper is getting sunlight daily (well, when there is sun) -- the
sunlight is probably direct for about 3-4 hours a day at most.

The juniper is pictured (badly) here, I'd say it's 20-25cm tall:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/codswallop/juniper.jpg

I've noticed that in some parts of the soil, there is some whitish ...
stuff. Sort of like cobwebs. Pictured he
http://members.optusnet.com.au/codsw...hite_stuff.jpg

Also, a lot of smallish plant things are appearing, I am removing them
when I see them, however they're only visible when they're quite large
since that's when the poke through the top pebbles:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/codsw...ant_things.jpg

Lastly, I have noticed a few parts of some branches are turning brown
(top-left of image):
http://members.optusnet.com.au/codswallop/dead_bits.jpg

Is there any easy way to tell if the plant has been over/under watered
without removing it from the pot? I'd say I am probably putting around
400mL of water in per day which seems like a lot. The plant seems to
suck it all up though. Maybe it's just greedy?

The weather is cooling down here (14-20c or 55-70f) but junipers are not
supposed to lose leaves... Is the plant dead or do you think I can save
it?

--
- Cods
(un ROT-13 to email)

Welcome to KILLFILE, population: You.

Hot hot hot hot! PC Australia 1 10-01-2010 11:38 AM
[IBC] Juniper not looking so hot Alan Walker Bonsai 5 18-05-2004 02:21 AM