Old 23-01-2003, 04:20 PM
John

Default Beginners help on growing from seeds

It is very difficult to give advice on watering. Knowing when to water
is a skill that is developed over time. Different zones require
different watering schedules based on humidity, temperature and the
like. My best suggestion to you is when the soil looks dry water
them. Seedlings love water, even pine seedlings. It is safe to be a
little on the overwatering side then underwatering. However, the
little guys are very susceptable to root rot at this stage.
Depending on how many you have, try watering some more and some
less, and see which ones do the best.

-john

www.tokonameware.com

(Streiff) wrote in message . com...
Hi,

I have just finished a stratification of my seeds and they have
germinated. The leaves of the seedlings have opened and I have
repotted them.
How much water should I give them now? Right now they are about 5 cm.
Is the growing tip to be removed? They are of Persian Pink Silk Tree.
Thank you.