Old 18-05-2005, 12:43 AM
Bill Neff

Gee Jim, thanks for thinking of me as an old, Old,OLD member. Made my day
ya whippersnapper! I wasn't here yet when Herb offered it as a
correspondence course, but I did follow it through. Unfortunately when I did the class
it was probably mid summer and of course I did try to root prune and pot it
too so it died (but back then it had a lot of company on death row.) I didn't
take any pictures and I wish I did. It's a good step thru for newbies and
the idea of adding pix is a great one.

Bill Neff
Somewhere in NE Kansas where spring has finally decided to stay

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 18-05-2005, 04:03 AM
Roger Snipes

Did anyone else catch this item?
http://www.livescience.com/animalwor..._woodwasp.html

It seems there may have been some pine killing woodwasps imported to New
York that could kill pines across the country if they spread.

What does Dr. Nina have to say on the subject? Are we all doomed?

Regards,
Roger Snipes
Spokane, WA. Zone 5ish

Old 18-05-2005, 04:28 AM
Alan Walker

It's always something! We already have had big problems
with pine bark beetles (especially Ringo! :-) ), but this could
potentially be really tough on one of Louisiana's major
agricultural crops. A lot of jobs here come from those vast pine
forests. At least there appears to be a known antidote, which
means people who live near the forests will get a new chemical to
breathe from the crop dusters.

Alan Walker