Growing Fall / Winter Vegetables in Southern California

Old 25-10-2005, 04:41 PM
[email protected]

Default Growing Fall / Winter Vegetables in Southern California

Are there any good vegetables I can grow in southern California in the
fall and winter? I'd like vegetables that are high in nutrients and
anti-oxidants.

Old 25-10-2005, 09:07 PM
simy1

if you google it, you will find all you need.

Old 26-10-2005, 05:25 AM
Nicole H

Any cool weather crop......
home vegetable gardening- all the info you need
http://vric.ucdavis.edu/selectnewtopic.garden.htm

Vegetable Research & Info Center from UC Davis
http://vric.ucdavis.edu/usesites/ressite.htm

Another UC Davis site
http://vric.ucdavis.edu/veginfo/veginfor.htm

Site for free printable info from UC Davis (you can also buy books and publications)
http://anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu/InOrder/Shop/Shop.asp

also, check with your county's cooperative extension (every county has one)
If you plan to really get into gardening, buy the
California Master Gardener Handbook (it's great!)

Old 13-11-2005, 08:00 AM

In article ,
usual suspect wrote:

Just about anything will grow in SoCal during the fall and winter.

Not if it needs long days.

Old 21-10-2010, 05:20 PM

Location: Camarillo, CA, USA

I know this is an old thread, but here are a couple of specific links that help answer this question, what and when to plant in Southern California.

Here is a list of vegetable varieties that have been tested in Southern California.

This page lists when to plant veggies in California. All the 'cool' season veggies are appropriate for fall / winter plantings.