Old 03-09-2006, 12:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Do plants absorb toxins from the soil?

"Jon ChicKen$ M@ster" wrote in message
Compostman wrote:
As part of a phytoremediation project at a Superfund site, The Army Corps
of Engineering is conducting an experiment to determine whether ferns
will remove arsenic from the soil.
_________________
John Henry Wheeler
Washington, DC
USDA Zone 7

I think this is very interesting. Where can I read something about this?
Are there any press releases about this issue?

Try this web site. It's the Corp of Engineers site on the project.
http://www.nab.usace.army.mil/projec...ringvalley.htm
_________________
John Henry Wheeler
Washington, DC
USDA Zone 7

Old 04-09-2006, 01:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Compostman wrote:

I think this is very interesting. Where can I read something about this?
Are there any press releases about this issue?

Try this web site. It's the Corp of Engineers site on the project.
http://www.nab.usace.army.mil/projec...ringvalley.htm
_________________
John Henry Wheeler
Washington, DC
USDA Zone 7

Thanks, Compostman.

--
Sorry, little change in my nick.
Old 19-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Registered User

I charge to apperceive if (every, or some) bulb phloem allows Nerium oleander toxin to be translocated through its argosy as calmly as some pesticides, so that this adulteration could be stored in its comestible tissues and damage our health.
Fluorescent Grow Lights