Old 14-12-2006, 12:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Thanks for inviting me to join your group

I mostly grow bearded irises and daylilies, but enjoy anything garden
related. If you have websites or web photo albums for your garden, I'd
love for you to invite me to browse. Thanks, Cathy

http://cathysplants.googlepages.com

Old 14-12-2006, 03:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article om,
"Cathy" wrote:

I mostly grow bearded irises and daylilies, but enjoy anything garden
related. If you have websites or web photo albums for your garden, I'd
love for you to invite me to browse. Thanks, Cathy

http://cathysplants.googlepages.com

alt.pictures.binaries.gardens
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 14-12-2006, 09:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Omelet wrote in newsmp_omelet-
:

In article om,
"Cathy" wrote:

I mostly grow bearded irises and daylilies, but enjoy anything garden
related. If you have websites or web photo albums for your garden, I'd
love for you to invite me to browse. Thanks, Cathy

http://cathysplants.googlepages.com

alt.pictures.binaries.gardens

She might not be able to get there using Google Groups. (However, doing
a search for alt.pictures.binaries.gardens might reveal a site that
allows access.)

Puckdropper

Old 14-12-2006, 10:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ews.net,
Puckdropper wrote:

http://cathysplants.googlepages.com

alt.pictures.binaries.gardens

She might not be able to get there using Google Groups. (However, doing
a search for alt.pictures.binaries.gardens might reveal a site that
allows access.)

Puckdropper

Good point...

Can't help but wonder when GG will join the modern world and carry
binaries.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 15-12-2006, 01:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
says...
In article ews.net,
Puckdropper wrote:

http://cathysplants.googlepages.com

alt.pictures.binaries.gardens

She might not be able to get there using Google Groups. (However, doing
a search for alt.pictures.binaries.gardens might reveal a site that
allows access.)

Puckdropper

Good point...

Can't help but wonder when GG will join the modern world and carry
binaries.

Considering the cost of storage to do such a thing and what they
charge for the service; probably never. Consider that text groups are
probably less that 5% of the stuff thats sent to Usenet groups in toto.

Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.

Old 15-12-2006, 02:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article MPG.1feb8770f1c24ee5989763@localhost,
Bill wrote:

In article ,
says...
In article ews.net,
Puckdropper wrote:

http://cathysplants.googlepages.com

alt.pictures.binaries.gardens

She might not be able to get there using Google Groups. (However, doing
a search for alt.pictures.binaries.gardens might reveal a site that
allows access.)

Puckdropper

Good point...

Can't help but wonder when GG will join the modern world and carry
binaries.

Considering the cost of storage to do such a thing and what they
charge for the service; probably never. Consider that text groups are
probably less that 5% of the stuff thats sent to Usenet groups in toto.

Bill

They could always start a "pay for" service that would include filtering
options.....
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 15-12-2006, 06:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ews.net,
Puckdropper wrote:

I'd agree... probably never. There's also legal issues to look in to,
such as illegal software being uploaded to some groups. I could see
someone like Google carrying binary groups with the *.pictures.* segment
in their name, but I don't think it will happen soon. (There's also some
legal issues with age-restricted "pictures" groups...)

Puckdropper

It always surprises me what groups are carried on some servers... Can't
they be selective using filters?

Some of those binaries groups look really twisted. :-(
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 15-12-2006, 07:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
says...
In article MPG.1feb8770f1c24ee5989763@localhost,
Bill wrote:

In article ,
says...
In article ews.net,
Puckdropper wrote:

http://cathysplants.googlepages.com

alt.pictures.binaries.gardens

She might not be able to get there using Google Groups. (However, doing
a search for alt.pictures.binaries.gardens might reveal a site that
allows access.)

Puckdropper

Good point...

Can't help but wonder when GG will join the modern world and carry
binaries.

Considering the cost of storage to do such a thing and what they
charge for the service; probably never. Consider that text groups are
probably less that 5% of the stuff thats sent to Usenet groups in toto.

Bill

They could always start a "pay for" service that would include filtering
options.....

They'd have to beat out other news service providers that are already
doing that. Supernews doesn't offer any options, but between what they
do filter and my filters I see very little dreck.

Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.
Old 15-12-2006, 08:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article MPG.1febe0b025104d88989764@localhost,
Bill wrote:

They could always start a "pay for" service that would include filtering
options.....

They'd have to beat out other news service providers that are already
doing that. Supernews doesn't offer any options, but between what they
do filter and my filters I see very little dreck.

Bill

I'm using Giganews and their filters seem to be pretty good, and MT's
filters are also easy to use. I killfile more subject than posters tho'.
:-)

For some reason, Supernews banned me via my server. sigh I was not
warned and have no idea why. I could download messages but not post and
my server customer support was no help! I can only presume that I
managed to get blocked.

It's okay tho', I can afford Giganews and they have a better Newsfeed.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 15-12-2006, 08:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article MPG.1febe86138579ebc989765@localhost,
Bill wrote:

You can see some of the numbers he

http://www.newsadmin.com/usenet.asp

Such as 91.4% of the posts are between 100KB and 499KB.
Yesterdays feed was around 5 million+ posts.

Bill

Lucky I guess that a large number of Internet users don't know about
usenet eh? G I mention it at work sometimes and just get blank stares.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.