Old 19-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Registered User

Smile Hiya, I am new!! I also have a few questions

Hi there,

I am new, I live in the West coast of Scotland, I am 27

Hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions, they a

* I am propagating a few rosemary cuttings, I dipped the stems in root hormone, place them around the edge of a pot and placed them in a bag on a bright windowsill (indoors). Today I opened the bag for a peep and a couple of them have started to show signs of mold starting, why is this? Have a made the soil too damp?

* Out of 40 tomato seedlings I have 4 left!! I am ashamed!! My chilli's are doing very well just now as I have started putting them outside during the day in a propagator 3 of the tomato seedlings I have are still very pale, they are all spindly too, 1 of them is starting to go a darker green now, is this because of lack of light? They now go outside with the chilli's

Thanks

Karen
Old 21-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger1880 View Post
[...]

"They don't have to be in a bag.

The mold is probably due to humidity inside the bag. You didn't say
whether it was plastic or paper.

Propagate the cuttings in 2 inch cel-paks and you don't have to separate
them to repot when they get bigger. (They can grow up to be bushes.)"

It was a plastic bag

They are not looking too good, think I've lost them

Hiya! Garden advice please anyone? Candy Gardening 2 06-04-2009 06:13 PM
Laying new turf and also new paving slabs gaz1234 Lawns 0 07-06-2008 12:00 AM
hiya tan786 United Kingdom 5 28-04-2005 07:17 PM
Received my plants today and have a few questions Roy Ponds 18 13-01-2005 10:59 PM
Received my plants today and have a few questions Roy Ponds 0 27-08-2004 02:08 AM