Old 04-08-2008, 04:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Fun ways to use Cayenne pepper

Hi,

I found a really easy way to make Fradiavlo sauce today! I just took
one of the big green Cayenne peppers from my garden, chopped it into 4
equal pieces and dropped them into a pot of store bought sauce. The
sauce is a really good Marinara that I love anyway.

I brought it to a low boil and let it go for about 1/2 hour. When it
was done the sauce was amazing!!! As good or better than anything
I've had in a restaurant! My wife and I ate the whole thing using
bread and spoons!!

So now I'm off to the store for a few more jars of sauce I guess I
could try to make my own sauce, but we never have time to cook and
this was so easy.

And they were very easy to grow!

Would love to hear other uses for Cayenne peppers.

Steve

Old 04-08-2008, 06:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

I make hot sauce, not just for me but for my rabbits in the backyard.
The rabbits are not too fond of the hot sauce but, it discourages them
from eating my tulips in the spring if I dump enough hot sauce on the
leaves. this also helps out with my peas.

thanks,
Simon