Old 13-07-2009, 11:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Mutant radish?

I have had a bunch of radishes going wild this year that re-seeded
from last year. All of them looked the same, with the bulbous root
and the lanky stem, the typical leaves, and the white flowers.

Until this came along:

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/P1170634.jpg

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/P1170636.jpg

The leaves and flowers and color are all the same as the others, but
its stem is about three times the thickness of that of any other
radish plant I have. It's so thick it's begun to crack. Is this a
mutation? The result of odd pollination? Not a radish at all?

Old 14-07-2009, 04:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Can you give us a picture of the radishes that you know are radishes?
That way we can compare the leaves better.

I don’t think that is a radish.
Close comparison of the leaves will tell.

Old 14-07-2009, 06:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Jul 14, 10:13*am, CanopyCo wrote:
Can you give us a picture of the radishes that you know are radishes?
That way we can compare the leaves better.

I don’t think that is a radish.
Close comparison of the leaves will tell.

I will as best I can. Cut most of them down already once they went to
seed. They were blocking a lot of light. Stay tuned...

Old 14-07-2009, 06:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Pete wrote:

On Jul 14, 10:13*am, CanopyCo wrote:
Can you give us a picture of the radishes that you know are radishes?
That way we can compare the leaves better.

I don¹t think that is a radish.
Close comparison of the leaves will tell.

I will as best I can. Cut most of them down already once they went to
seed. They were blocking a lot of light. Stay tuned...

Radish pods are good eats too.
--

- Billy

learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and
find out for themselves.
Will Rogers

http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm
http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn

Mutant babies (goldfish)??? Gary Ponds 13 20-10-2004 04:24 PM
Mutant babies (goldfish)??? Gary Ponds 0 18-10-2004 02:05 AM
Moonflower Mutant Mark Herbert Gardening 14 16-09-2004 02:05 AM
Mutant roses bit off my cock Daniel Hanna Roses 0 16-01-2004 02:32 PM
Strange Mutant Soil From Beyond Stacia Gardening 3 15-05-2003 08:20 PM