Saturn Peaches

Old 26-06-2011, 05:31 PM

Location: Norwich, UK
Default Saturn Peaches

Hello all, the man of the household bought some Saturn peaches last week. I saved one pit.

How do i go about getting it to germinate and grow on a balcony.

What are the chances it'll grow into a Saturn peach and not some root stock peach?
Old 27-06-2011, 05:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"NewShmoo" wrote in message

Hello all, the man of the household bought some Saturn peaches last
week. I saved one pit.

How do i go about getting it to germinate and grow on a balcony.

What are the chances it'll grow into a Saturn peach and not some root
stock peach?

I have a lot of self seeded peaches coming up around my garden and most of
them are very like the original parent plant. That may be because I live in
the country and I don't know anyone within a 5 km radius who has other peach
trees which could have pollinated mine, however, I have read that peaches
are usually close to the tree from which they come. It usually takes at
least 9 months for these seeeds to sprout.

Shove the kernel into some seed raising or potting mix and keep it moist
till next season.