GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   need "Mammoth Red" rhubarb (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/202821-need-mammoth-red-rhubarb.html)

OhioGuy 27-03-2012 09:30 PM

need "Mammoth Red" rhubarb

Other than the description that it grows up to 5 feet tall and has
red stalks, I haven't been able to find a source for "Mammoth Red"
rhubarb plants anywhere.

I'm wondering if it has essentially gone extinct? After going over
several search engines for an hour and a half, I couldn't find anything
more than perhaps a dozen descriptions of the plant, mostly in variety
lists.

Can anyone please help me find a source for these plants? I would
really like to plant a row of them along my fence. Help!!!

songbird[_2_] 28-03-2012 03:27 PM

need "Mammoth Red" rhubarb

Ohioguy wrote:

Other than the description that it grows up to 5 feet tall and has
red stalks, I haven't been able to find a source for "Mammoth Red"
rhubarb plants anywhere.

I'm wondering if it has essentially gone extinct? After going over
several search engines for an hour and a half, I couldn't find anything
more than perhaps a dozen descriptions of the plant, mostly in variety
lists.

Can anyone please help me find a source for these plants? I would
really like to plant a row of them along my fence. Help!!!

i looked around too, and didn't find any
sources for it either.

i'm guessing that it is still out there.
after all, how many people do you know who
plant rhubarb who manage to get rid of it? :)

you just need to find someone who has it,
who knows what it is, and then who knows you
wants it (precious).

if i find some i'll let you know.

songbird

[email protected] 02-01-2016 10:47 PM

need "Mammoth Red" rhubarb

The UK has them check now for mine will let you know