Old 30-09-2014, 02:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Peppers Pickled

Put in the jar on the 12th , and I just couldn't wait any longer . They're
very tasty , not as hot as I'd feared . As I recall , it was about 40
peppers , 2/3C each white vineger and distilled water and a teaspoon of
canning salt per pint jar . Next year I'll be planting more and a bigger
variety of peppers .

--
Snag

Old 30-09-2014, 03:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 9/29/2014 7:17 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Put in the jar on the 12th , and I just couldn't wait any longer . They're
very tasty , not as hot as I'd feared . As I recall , it was about 40
peppers , 2/3C each white vineger and distilled water and a teaspoon of
canning salt per pint jar . Next year I'll be planting more and a bigger
variety of peppers .

I generally put up ten or twelve pint jars of pickled peppers each year.
Proper amount of Pickle Crisp (calcium chloride), let sit a couple of
weeks, start eating. I take off the head, get the seeds out and slice
them longwise.

The grands and great grands like them too so may have to double the jar
count next year. We also head, seed, chop into various sized bits, toss
them on a large bun pan, into freezer for an hour, then out and into
vacuum sealed bags for later use in cooking.

Sweet chiles, aka "peppers," do well in our climate. Still have four or
five plants in the garden that were planted in February and are still
producing. One of my favorites is "Gypsy," very prolific, are yellow and
fully ripened are a light red. Another is "Carmen," a Poblano type that
ripens a deep red and gets fairly large, good for many uses in cookery.

The radishes are up, onion starts are in the ground, the lone cucumber
plant is producing well, and the mesclun mix and spinach are just coming
up. Four broccoli plants are doing well and tomorrow we will plant four
cabbage plants. So far so good.

George

Pickled Vegtables Aluckyguess Edible Gardening 15 13-08-2007 09:17 PM
Pickled chillies? SG1 Australia 22 07-03-2007 06:27 AM
Pickled gherkins - is life too short? David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 4 05-08-2004 03:42 PM
Norwegian Pickled Cucumber PendletonPR United Kingdom 14 18-10-2003 12:12 PM
Pickled walnuts - how? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 7 09-07-2003 12:43 AM