Old 23-06-2015, 08:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Weeds finally gone

At least for now.Yesterday I picked 2 yellow zucchinis and 1 green.
Sauteed them with some onion, garlic and oregano. All from the
garden. Yummy. Can't wait for some more. Looks lie a couple of
more weeks before we have ripe tomatoes.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
Old 23-06-2015, 10:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 6/23/2015 2:54 PM, The Cook wrote:
At least for now.Yesterday I picked 2 yellow zucchinis and 1 green.
Sauteed them with some onion, garlic and oregano. All from the
garden. Yummy. Can't wait for some more. Looks lie a couple of
more weeks before we have ripe tomatoes.

I'm going to dig around in my "stuff" in the garage once it cools off a
bit. Need some more bird netting, blasted mockers are getting into the
ripening tomatoes again, just pecking out the seeds and then flying off.
To bad they're a protected bird as they are a great pest around here and
there are, literally, thousands of them. They build big nests in any
crevice or opening on a roof and even on porches. Almost as bad as the
swallows that build their mud nests in the front entry of most of the
two story homes here. At least the swallows are helpful, they eat a lot
of mosquitoes and other insects. Mockingbirds just raid every sort of
vegetable or fruit around. The figs are changing color so may be picking
them soon.

Our squash season is pretty much over due to the heat, Miz Anne started
two yellow squash plants the other day but they're not doing well. We
harvested about four cups of dried Hopi red limas today and maybe three
green beans. There are a lot of new blooms on the green beans so we have
hopes for a lot more. The crowder peas will be ready to pick again by
tomorrow or the next day. Sweet chiles are coming on again like
gangbusters. Harvested another Black Beauty eggplant and will do
something with by the weekend.

Just came in from mowing a bit, to hot to stay out there for long but
the sky is rapidly becoming overcast. I suspect more rain is on the way.

George