Old 12-05-2016, 05:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default spray bottle?

Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds
with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from
Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,
-T
Old 12-05-2016, 05:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 05/12/2016 09:39 AM, T wrote:
pub up

pump up
Old 12-05-2016, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 5/12/2016 12:39 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds
with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from
Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,
-T

For small weed jobs I'll reuse empty shower spray bottles.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 05/12/2016 09:48 AM, Frank wrote:
On 5/12/2016 12:39 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds
with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from
Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,
-T

For small weed jobs I'll reuse empty shower spray bottles.

I was trying not to get aerosol all over my cloths (20% vinegar).
Do these shower bottles have wands on them?
Old 12-05-2016, 06:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 5/12/2016 12:39 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds
with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from
Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,
-T

For small weed jobs I'll reuse empty shower spray bottles.

I was trying not to get aerosol all over my cloths (20% vinegar).
Do these shower bottles have wands on them?

No wands but not messy. Not sure how 20% vinegar affects skin but
suspect it is not a big problem.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

T wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds
with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from
Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,
-T

Which reminded me to go out and spray some grass/weeds in my berry patch .
O'm using an old spray bottl that useta have cleaner of some kind in it .
Thanks !

--
Snag

Old 12-05-2016, 11:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 5/12/2016 11:39 AM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds
with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from
Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,
-T

Go to the nearest supermarket and look around, I use cheap spray bottles
that you can change the spray on. Usually less than 3 bucks US.

George
Old 13-05-2016, 12:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 5/12/2016 6:31 PM, George Shirley wrote:
On 5/12/2016 11:39 AM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds
with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from
Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,
-T

Go to the nearest supermarket and look around, I use cheap spray bottles
that you can change the spray on. Usually less than 3 bucks US.

George

Dollar store has them too.
Old 13-05-2016, 04:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , Frank "frank
wrote:

No wands but not messy. Not sure how 20% vinegar affects skin but
suspect it is not a big problem.

I suspect you haven't read the MSDS...

Old 13-05-2016, 05:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 5/12/2016 11:39 AM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds
with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from
Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,
-T

Go to the nearest supermarket and look around, I use cheap spray bottles
that you can change the spray on. Usually less than 3 bucks US.

George

Dollar store has them too.

I was hoping for something with a wand on it, so I can directly
soak the poor dears and not waste expensive vinegar.

Oh ya! Before the $12.00 thingy broke, it kill the poor
dears (free organic matter, as Songbird call them) really
well.

Old 13-05-2016, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 05/13/2016 08:48 AM, Ecnerwal wrote:
In article , Frank "frank
wrote:

No wands but not messy. Not sure how 20% vinegar affects skin but
suspect it is not a big problem.

I suspect you haven't read the MSDS...

The part about its effect on your eyes is
a real trip to read!
Old 13-05-2016, 06:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 5/13/2016 11:48 AM, Ecnerwal wrote:
In article , Frank "frank
wrote:

No wands but not messy. Not sure how 20% vinegar affects skin but
suspect it is not a big problem.

I suspect you haven't read the MSDS...

Why should I? I'm not the one working with it.
But, did google up a couple and worse than I would have thought since
you can drink 5% acetic acid.
Also suspect that this concentration has not been fully tested and they
use the worst warnings from 100% acetic acid.
I write SDS's and when confronted with the situation where the mixture
has not been tested do this all the time.
Old 13-05-2016, 07:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , T wrote:

I was hoping for something with a wand on it, so I can directly
soak the poor dears and not waste expensive vinegar.

I have a D.B. Smith 1-gallon sprayer - I had to go look at it to see
what brand it was, and I have no idea what I paid for it, since it was a
long time ago. It still works. I do rinse it out after use and have not
used high-test vinegar in it.

I have no idea if its build quality or location is the same as the
current products under the same name.

One thing I liked about the version I have (seems not to be the same on
what I see in current products) was that it was designed to work well
hung by a strap - location of liquid pickup was such that when strapped,
the pickup is right in the bottom.

Old 15-05-2016, 01:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 05/13/2016 11:24 AM, Ecnerwal wrote:
In article , T wrote:

I was hoping for something with a wand on it, so I can directly
soak the poor dears and not waste expensive vinegar.

I have a D.B. Smith 1-gallon sprayer - I had to go look at it to see
what brand it was, and I have no idea what I paid for it, since it was a
long time ago. It still works. I do rinse it out after use and have not
used high-test vinegar in it.

I have no idea if its build quality or location is the same as the
current products under the same name.

One thing I liked about the version I have (seems not to be the same on
what I see in current products) was that it was designed to work well
hung by a strap - location of liquid pickup was such that when strapped,
the pickup is right in the bottom.

Thank you!

co2 DIY slowing down...when to change bottle? Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 20-04-2003 06:22 AM
drink bottle reservoirs Pixo Australia 4 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
The Genie is Out of the Bottle Larry Caldwell sci.agriculture 0 21-02-2003 08:24 PM
Bottle cloches Stephen Howard United Kingdom 1 21-02-2003 06:00 PM
drink bottle reservoirs Tom Elliott Australia 0 14-02-2003 08:03 AM