Old 02-06-2016, 11:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Update!!

It's starting to rain again, we saw the sun for about an hour. Main drag
in front of our subdivision is flooding again both north and south of
us. Luckily there's a supermarket in between so we won't starve.

Garden looks really good, grass is growing faster than we can mow it,
dog dances on the porch occasionally, waiting for a break in the rain.
She's also ticked off because she can't go for a walk. Good ol' Harris
Cty, TX.

Looked at the rain falling where we used to live in Louisiana, it's
catching hell too. Big difference is most of the town we lived in was
high and dry.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

George Shirley wrote:
Garden looks really good, grass is growing faster than we can mow it,
dog dances on the porch occasionally, waiting for a break in the rain.
She's also ticked off because she can't go for a walk. Good ol' Harris
Cty, TX.

Looked at the rain falling where we used to live in Louisiana, it's
catching hell too. Big difference is most of the town we lived in was
high and dry.

looks like a swirly over Texas again today.

songbird
Old 03-06-2016, 07:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 6/3/2016 9:28 AM, songbird wrote:
George Shirley wrote:
Garden looks really good, grass is growing faster than we can mow it,
dog dances on the porch occasionally, waiting for a break in the rain.
She's also ticked off because she can't go for a walk. Good ol' Harris
Cty, TX.

Looked at the rain falling where we used to live in Louisiana, it's
catching hell too. Big difference is most of the town we lived in was
high and dry.

looks like a swirly over Texas again today.

songbird

At this moment in time it ain't raining and the sun is out. Keep praying.

Weather heads are still predicting more rain. I think Harris Cty is
trying to outdo the big rains a few years ago when we received 100
inches in one year. Still lots of roaring creeks, bayou's, and river's.
Several dams near by are still releasing tons of water, may last for a
good while.

We went out to the library and to buy another printer this morning. Came
out of the library and rain into severe rains again, stopped briefly
while I was buying the printer, came out to rain again. Stopped at the
supermarket, raining, came out, not raining and sunshine. All of this in
two hours time. Only in Texas.

Getting ready to put two dead printers in the recycle bin, along with a
lot of cardboard boxes. I'm really not a hoarder, I'm a pack rat. I
guess when an electronic device dies I can't fix it anymore.

George
Old 03-06-2016, 11:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

George Shirley wrote:
[...]

Oh goodness gracious! We get an annual rain fall of about six
inches a year!

You and your family stay safe.

LG Update: Birds of America (was Alexis Bledel update) Rob Jensen Ponds 0 26-12-2007 12:03 AM
mini update John Rutz Ponds 3 04-06-2003 02:56 AM
Update on yellow lemon tree leaves John Savage Australia 7 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
OrchidSafari Update K Barrett Orchids 0 01-02-2003 04:57 AM
Tiny Heather update jammer Gardening 1 26-01-2003 04:03 AM