Old 12-07-2016, 02:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Fruit conversations

What did the blackberry say to my wife ?

Preserve me !

So she did , and we got 9 half-pints of delicious jam from yesterday's
pickin' .

--
Snag
Today I'm extracting honey ...

Old 12-07-2016, 03:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 7/12/2016 8:23 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
What did the blackberry say to my wife ?

Preserve me !

So she did , and we got 9 half-pints of delicious jam from yesterday's
pickin' .

Our blackberry picking was over last month. We have about 25 pints, half
pints, and quarter pints ready for the thundering herd to arrive (grands
and great grands).

I'm checking the pears daily, just in case birds decide they want them.
I am looking forward to pear jelly, slices, and pear sauce this fall, I
hope.

We're looking at getting some domesticated dewberry sets this fall or
next spring. Have a nice place for them along the fence line. Those are
my favorite berries, ripen sooner than blackberries and are much
sweeter. It's a good thing we didn't move back onto ten acres, I would
be down in my back from planting "stuff."

Go slow on the jam Snag keep that sugar high down.

George
Old 12-07-2016, 06:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Terry Coombs wrote:

What did the blackberry say to my wife ?

Preserve me !

So she did , and we got 9 half-pints of delicious jam from yesterday's
pickin' .

love seedless blackberry jam!

we don't grow them here. i'm afraid to plant
them after seeing what they turn into in some
places. we don't need any more wild and crazy
invasive plants...

songbird
Old 12-07-2016, 08:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

George Shirley wrote:
[...]

I do limit myself , it would be very easy to eat too much .The berries here
are just now starting to come off , lots of small berries this year . I just
used up every empty pint and half pint jar in the house for honey , we need
more !

--
Snag
And I did get

Old 12-07-2016, 08:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

songbird wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:

What did the blackberry say to my wife ?

Preserve me !

So she did , and we got 9 half-pints of delicious jam from
yesterday's pickin' .

love seedless blackberry jam!

we don't grow them here. i'm afraid to plant
them after seeing what they turn into in some
places. we don't need any more wild and crazy
invasive plants...

songbird

Well , this isn't seedless , and the bushes aren't thornless ... and they
do tend to spread if we don't stay on top of them . But IMO they're worth it
.. I don't know if they're native here or introduced , but they are all over
, and this year they're all loaded with fruit . Berries are small , but lots
of them make up for that .

--
Snag