Old 05-12-2016, 01:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Rain

We were blessed with a gentle rain for two days that gave us three
inches of free water. Now it has turned off a bit cold, low fifties at
this time at 0602.

Dog is still having allergy attacks so I guess it is back to the vet
sometime today or tomorrow. I get tired of mopping up dog snot from the
floor but the poor dog isn't at fault so I shouldn't complain. She does
keep us warm on these very cool nights. G

We're still picking sweet peppers and fairly large green tomatoes, a
couple sat on the counter for two days and actually ripened enough to
eat them raw. The broccoli, cabbage, kale, etc. are about ready to start
harvesting and eating. Still have a few quart jars of homemade kraut in
the pantry so probably won't make any this season.

Believe it or not the eggplant is still producing even with the coolth
(old Hippie word) of the season. I have a nice rib eye steak ready to
cook and may just do some fried eggplant to go with.

Otherwise I need to make a library run as that is what I do in the
winter, read a lot of Science Fiction and history. Oh yeah, a lot of
naps too.

George
Old 05-12-2016, 02:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

George Shirley wrote:
Otherwise I need to make a library run as that is what I do in the
winter, read a lot of Science Fiction and history. Oh yeah, a lot of
naps too.

we had our first actual snow last night that stuck.

nobody hit the ditch though, Sunday evening, i think
the bar closes earlier.

i just put in a request for a more recent edition of
the microbiology text so i have something for a few
weeks that isn't light reading. i alternate between
fantasy, science fiction, history, science and other
topics.

songbird
Old 05-12-2016, 09:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 12/5/2016 7:38 AM, songbird wrote:
George Shirley wrote:
Otherwise I need to make a library run as that is what I do in the
winter, read a lot of Science Fiction and history. Oh yeah, a lot of
naps too.

we had our first actual snow last night that stuck.

nobody hit the ditch though, Sunday evening, i think
the bar closes earlier.

i just put in a request for a more recent edition of
the microbiology text so i have something for a few
weeks that isn't light reading. i alternate between
fantasy, science fiction, history, science and other
topics.

songbird

I only read scifi, the rest I had to do in high school and college and
burned me out. Luckily our library system covers the whole state of
Texas for getting books, sometimes it takes two weeks for them to show up.

The rain seems to have stopped with a bit over 4 inches, so far. Foggy
outside at 1435 and supposed to get down to the low thirties this week,
just for a bit though.

We're well stocked in case of a blizzard G, and there's plenty of dog
food too. I vaguely remember snow from when I lived on the East Coast,
that's scary stuff for a southern lad.