Old 11-12-2016, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default compost pile and a backhoe ???

Hi All,

Last week I was at a customer's site. Her
husband was out back running a full sized backhoe.
I asked him later about it and he said he
was turning over his "compost pile". His
wife later assured me he wasn't pulling my leg.

A BACKHOE ???? Am I missing something here?

-T
Old 11-12-2016, 08:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

T wrote:

A BACKHOE ???? Am I missing something here?

How big was the compost pile, he said enviously?
I guess if you just happen to have a backhoe lying around, it would sure
make turning the pile easier. I have an old one that needs turning and
perhaps shredding, and I've put it off for good reason, though I'm not
getting any younger by delaying!

Old 11-12-2016, 09:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 12/11/2016 12:52 PM, Gary Woods wrote:
T wrote:

A BACKHOE ???? Am I missing something here?

How big was the compost pile, he said enviously?
I guess if you just happen to have a backhoe lying around, it would sure
make turning the pile easier. I have an old one that needs turning and
perhaps shredding, and I've put it off for good reason, though I'm not
getting any younger by delaying!

He is a contractor. He owns a lot of that kind of machinery.

I never looked. I should next time out.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

T wrote:
Hi All,

Last week I was at a customer's site. Her
husband was out back running a full sized backhoe.
I asked him later about it and he said he
was turning over his "compost pile". His
wife later assured me he wasn't pulling my leg.

A BACKHOE ???? Am I missing something here?

no, some people like to do a lot more work
than they really have to... kinda like going
out to putter around in the mancave.

songbird
Old 12-12-2016, 02:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 12/12/2016 7:27 AM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
Hi All,

Last week I was at a customer's site. Her
husband was out back running a full sized backhoe.
I asked him later about it and he said he
was turning over his "compost pile". His
wife later assured me he wasn't pulling my leg.

A BACKHOE ???? Am I missing something here?

no, some people like to do a lot more work
than they really have to... kinda like going
out to putter around in the mancave.

songbird

My mancave is the garage. Unfortunately my loverly wife has pretty much
taken that over for all her "stuff." I suspect her next move is to take
over my home office. I am training the vicious rat terrier to stand in
the door and growl.

After living for many years on ten acres it is hard to be living on 6500
square feet of land with a big house on it. She makes do with,
literally, lots and lots of potted plants.

It's a balmy 50F here today. Eat your hearts out in those cold states.

George