Old 18-05-2017, 01:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Carrots

Carrot crop this year has been bountiful. So much so that we canned five
pints of pickled carrot sticks, then seven pints of sliced carrots for
meals, and now we have the last of the large, but sweet and crisp,
carrots from the garden. Generally we get a half way decent harvest of
carrots but this batch has been really crisp, tasty, even when very
large. Six inches long and about one and half inches wide at the top.
Now we have to figure out what to do with the last pickings.

Here is is nearly mid-May and we're hitting high temps in the high
eighties. Thankfully we have air conditioning and the electricity here
is not very high in price. Most of it is ginned by a few lakes with
power dams nearby. Houston has really grown over the last twenty or so
years. We moved near Houston to be close to our children, grands, and
great grands and we see them just enough to keep us from getting tired
of them. G This is our fourth or fifth time we've lived in Houston
area but most likely our last.

We are slowly repainting the interior walls of this house and I have
come to hate ten foot walls in the kitchen/dining/living area. The deed
calls that a "Great Room." I am about done with all the shelving,
cabinets, and work area in the garage, which will not hold a car
anymore. I think we have to much "stuff" but dear wife has boxes of
unknown things on the racks I put in. The master closet is 12 feet by 10
feet and I have about eight feet along one wall to hang my clothes on.
The rest of the area is the Queen's stuff. I saw some clothing hanging
in her area that she could wear fifty years ago. Go figure.

I shouldn't worry about it as, come December 26th this year we will be
married 57 years and we courted two years before the marriage. Our
marriage has outlasted our parents and siblings and I have no idea how
much longer. Her mother died a few months before her 101 birthday, I'm
not worried about longevity due to the Shirley men going quickly with
strokes and heart attacks. Thank goodness for modern medicine. VBG

George

Carrot Help Needed - Deformed Carrots - Deformed Carrots - 2011.jpg (1/1) seph...[_4_] Garden Photos 2 26-07-2011 07:43 PM
Carrot Help Needed - Deformed Carrots - Deformed Carrots - 2011.jpg (0/1) seph...[_4_] Garden Photos 2 20-07-2011 01:16 AM
Carrots shazzbat United Kingdom 1 11-06-2003 01:20 AM
Why have my carrots not come up? welshuser United Kingdom 34 05-06-2003 10:20 AM
Black Carrots Mook23 Gardening 7 03-04-2003 02:32 AM