Old 10-03-2018, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Rabbit Raisins

Â* Free for hauling it off ! My neighbor raises rabbits , and he figures
3 wheelbarrows full of droppings/bedding is enough for his small garden
.. Looks like if I take all he hasn't used there's a 5x8 trailer piled
about a foot deep all over . I expect this will give the garden a boost ...

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Old 10-03-2018, 03:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 03/09/2018 04:44 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Free for hauling it off ! My neighbor raises rabbits , and he figures
3 wheelbarrows full of droppings/bedding is enough for his small garden
. Looks like if I take all he hasn't used there's a 5x8 trailer piled
about a foot deep all over . I expect this will give the garden a boost ...

Just out of curiosity, is rabbit skat too strong to
plow and use? I am thinking of raw chicken skat.

Also, do you need to break up the pellets?

I customer had a sign out a few years ago:
Free snow. You haul.

:-)
Old 10-03-2018, 03:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 18:04:17 -0800, T wrote:

On 03/09/2018 04:44 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
* Free for hauling it off ! My neighbor raises rabbits , and he figures
3 wheelbarrows full of droppings/bedding is enough for his small garden
. Looks like if I take all he hasn't used there's a 5x8 trailer piled
about a foot deep all over . I expect this will give the garden a boost ...

Just out of curiosity, is rabbit skat too strong to
plow and use? I am thinking of raw chicken skat.
Also, do you need to break up the pellets?

Google search and pick the " edu " sites ..

http://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/bunny_h...s_a_fertilizer

John T.

Old 10-03-2018, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 3/9/2018 8:04 PM, T wrote:
On 03/09/2018 04:44 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â*Â* Free for hauling it off ! My neighbor raises rabbits , and he
figures 3 wheelbarrows full of droppings/bedding is enough for his
small garden . Looks like if I take all he hasn't used there's a 5x8
trailer piled about a foot deep all over . I expect this will give
the garden a boost ...

Just out of curiosity, is rabbit skat too strong to
plow and use?Â* I am thinking of raw chicken skat.

Also, do you need to break up the pellets?

I customer had a sign out a few years ago:
Â*Â* Free snow.Â* You haul.

:-)

Â* Rabbit scat will not burn like chicken litter will . It can be plowed
straight into the soil without composting/aging . This is fresh on top ,
but partially composted on the bottom . My plan is to haul it home and
mix it with some of my compost - in my cement mixer . Then spread on the
garden and till in .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Old 10-03-2018, 04:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 03/09/2018 06:42 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 3/9/2018 8:04 PM, T wrote:
[...]

Now to find someone that grows rabbits organically!
Old 10-03-2018, 04:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 03/09/2018 06:24 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 18:04:17 -0800, T wrote:

On 03/09/2018 04:44 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Free for hauling it off ! My neighbor raises rabbits , and he figures
3 wheelbarrows full of droppings/bedding is enough for his small garden
. Looks like if I take all he hasn't used there's a 5x8 trailer piled
about a foot deep all over . I expect this will give the garden a boost ...

Just out of curiosity, is rabbit skat too strong to
plow and use? I am thinking of raw chicken skat.
Also, do you need to break up the pellets?

Google search and pick the " edu " sites ..

http://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/bunny_h...s_a_fertilizer

John T.

Neat article.

My neighbor use to grow rabbits before he passed. They
got out all the time. When you grabbed them, they screamed
so loud it was deafening. And it sounded like a human
child too, so every neighbor's door opened and stared at you.

The coyotes could keep them in check either because domestic
rabbits are too slow and the coyotes overshoot them chasing
them.

Now to find someone that grows rabbits organically.

Guess what you get to do today Bugs!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyxJ7GKGFG0

Old 10-03-2018, 04:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Rabbit scat will not burn like chicken litter will . It can be plowed
straight into the soil without composting/aging . This is fresh on top ,
but partially composted on the bottom . My plan is to haul it home and
mix it with some of my compost - in my cement mixer . Then spread on the
garden and till in .

yes, makes lovely worm bedding material too if
you keep worms.

i would take all that someone was willing to
bring and i'd give them some of the garden produce
in return if they wanted.

free, good organic materials are always a
welcome addition.

songbird
Old 10-03-2018, 05:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 3/10/2018 9:06 AM, songbird wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Rabbit scat will not burn like chicken litter will . It can be plowed
straight into the soil without composting/aging . This is fresh on top ,
but partially composted on the bottom . My plan is to haul it home and
mix it with some of my compost - in my cement mixer . Then spread on the
garden and till in .

yes, makes lovely worm bedding material too if
you keep worms.

i would take all that someone was willing to
bring and i'd give them some of the garden produce
in return if they wanted.

free, good organic materials are always a
welcome addition.

songbird

Â* Randy is a very good neighbor , we often trade favors - but no one's
keeping score . I almost always start more seedling than I can use , the
extras are his if he wants them - and I've gotten some neat seedlings
from him . We often share steel stock back and forth , he's a blacksmith
and I have a (hobby) machine shop .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Old 10-03-2018, 08:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Randy is a very good neighbor , we often trade favors - but no one's
keeping score . I almost always start more seedling than I can use , the
extras are his if he wants them - and I've gotten some neat seedlings
from him . We often share steel stock back and forth , he's a blacksmith
and I have a (hobby) machine shop .

always good to have friendly neighbors.

songbird