Old 02-07-2018, 06:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Another Harvest tale

There are 7 quarts and a pint of honey on the shelf from the first
super , and 2 more supers awaiting extraction tomorrow . I'm trying to
decide how much I need to hold for our use , that will determine how
much I can sell . I wasn't expecting having any at all to sell , since I
focused this year on increasing my hive count - the saying "You can make
bees or make honey , not both." is apparently only true sometimes ...
And once again the honey is very light with a very delicate flavor . I
bees a very happy beekeeper tonight .

This was supposed to go out last night on eternal-september ...

The extraction is finished now , with a total harvest of 5 gallons
and a little bit . Next year I'll extract as soon as I pull the boxes ,
I lost probably a gallon to wax moth damage . Apparently I didn't have
them sealed as well as I thought , a wax moth got in and laid eggs in a
couple of frames in the 2 boxes I had in the house . The larvae eat the
comb and leave a trail of webbing and feces . That honey goes back to
the bees , they'll clean up the mess and salvage the honey .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Interesting Catt Tale Ted Orchids 11 24-09-2005 05:51 PM
More berries mean a hard winter - old wives tale? David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 45 18-04-2004 07:00 AM
"Tale of Woe"... suggestions? BTC/TAK on ACK Ponds 39 18-02-2004 02:32 PM
A tale of two Walmart String Trimmers Jim Gilliland Lawns 3 12-08-2003 05:43 PM
another bagged rose tale, and question about Christian Dior sub-strains torgo Roses 0 16-03-2003 10:44 PM