Old 10-08-2018, 11:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default 08-04-2018 harvest

Hi All,

My 08-04-2018 harvest:
https://ibb.co/gt07Qp

From top right to bottom left
9 Ron-de-nice Zukes
rosemary
7 golden zukes
potato onions
purslane
2 anaheim peppers
cherry tomatoes
2 ichiebon eggplant

I made Ratatouille. The peppers were the magic ingredient.

Am I now officially upgraded from a black thumb to
a grey thumb?

I sincerely appreciate all the help you guys gave me in
getting to this point.

Next year, I grow less zukes. My freezer is filling up!
(I will have to cope!)

-T

Old 11-08-2018, 12:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

T wrote:
Hi All,

My 08-04-2018 harvest:
https://ibb.co/gt07Qp

From top right to bottom left
9 Ron-de-nice Zukes
rosemary
7 golden zukes
potato onions
purslane
2 anaheim peppers
cherry tomatoes
2 ichiebon eggplant

I made Ratatouille. The peppers were the magic ingredient.

Am I now officially upgraded from a black thumb to
a grey thumb?

you're in an arid climate, i'd say dusty gray is
likely a suitable color...

water, organic matter, cover crops, worms, windbreaks,
partial shade, swales, chop and drop, etc.

I sincerely appreciate all the help you guys gave me in
getting to this point.

Next year, I grow less zukes. My freezer is filling up!
(I will have to cope!)

looking good!

tomatoes starting to come in here. about the normal
time. red peppers, onions, beans, cucumbers, dill.

songbird
Old 11-08-2018, 02:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 08/10/2018 04:38 PM, songbird wrote:
you're in an arid climate, i'd say dusty gray is
likely a suitable color...

water, organic matter, cover crops, worms, windbreaks,
partial shade, swales, chop and drop, etc.

I fertilized the hell out of the things this year.
Spent about 120 U$D on organic chicken poop based
fertilizer from Wally World. I wonder if I will
make it back?

Old 11-08-2018, 02:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 8/10/2018 5:57 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

My 08-04-2018 harvest:
Â*Â* https://ibb.co/gt07Qp

From top right to bottom left
Â* 9 Ron-de-nice Zukes
Â* rosemary
Â* 7 golden zukes
Â* potato onions
Â* purslane
Â* 2 anaheim peppers
Â* cherry tomatoes
Â* 2 ichiebon eggplant

I made Ratatouille.Â* The peppers were the magic ingredient.

Am I now officially upgraded from a black thumb to
a grey thumb?

I sincerely appreciate all the help you guys gave me in
getting to this point.

Next year, I grow less zukes.Â* My freezer is filling up!
(I will have to cope!)

-T

Â* Make zucchini bread . Don't forget the raisins .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 11-08-2018, 04:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 08/10/2018 06:56 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 8/10/2018 5:57 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

My 08-04-2018 harvest:
Â*Â* https://ibb.co/gt07Qp

From top right to bottom left
Â* 9 Ron-de-nice Zukes
Â* rosemary
Â* 7 golden zukes
Â* potato onions
Â* purslane
Â* 2 anaheim peppers
Â* cherry tomatoes
Â* 2 ichiebon eggplant

I made Ratatouille.Â* The peppers were the magic ingredient.

Am I now officially upgraded from a black thumb to
a grey thumb?

I sincerely appreciate all the help you guys gave me in
getting to this point.

Next year, I grow less zukes.Â* My freezer is filling up!
(I will have to cope!)

-T

Â* Make zucchini bread . Don't forget the raisins .

:-)

I could always trying giving some to my neighbors. nah ...

Old 11-08-2018, 12:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 8/10/2018 10:11 PM, T wrote:
On 08/10/2018 06:56 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 8/10/2018 5:57 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

My 08-04-2018 harvest:
Â*Â* https://ibb.co/gt07Qp

From top right to bottom left
Â* 9 Ron-de-nice Zukes
Â* rosemary
Â* 7 golden zukes
Â* potato onions
Â* purslane
Â* 2 anaheim peppers
Â* cherry tomatoes
Â* 2 ichiebon eggplant

I made Ratatouille.Â* The peppers were the magic ingredient.

Am I now officially upgraded from a black thumb to
a grey thumb?

I sincerely appreciate all the help you guys gave me in
getting to this point.

Next year, I grow less zukes.Â* My freezer is filling up!
(I will have to cope!)

-T

Â*Â* Make zucchini bread . Don't forget the raisins .

:-)

I could always trying giving some to my neighbors.Â* nah ...

Â* Several years back we had so much zucchini and cucumbers I was
considering looking for cars parked downtown with the doors unlocked ...
the neighbors and all of our friends were sick of them too !

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 11-08-2018, 03:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Several years back we had so much zucchini and cucumbers I was
considering looking for cars parked downtown with the doors unlocked ...
the neighbors and all of our friends were sick of them too !

we're still picking gobs of cucumbers and a
few people still want them so we've not pulled
out the plants. i wanted to do that about a
month ago...

i think we're at about 11 buckets beyond
what i already put up.

songbird
Old 13-08-2018, 04:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 08/10/18 11:11 PM, T wrote:
On 08/10/2018 06:56 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 8/10/2018 5:57 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

My 08-04-2018 harvest:
Â*Â* https://ibb.co/gt07Qp

From top right to bottom left
Â* 9 Ron-de-nice Zukes
Â* rosemary
Â* 7 golden zukes
Â* potato onions
Â* purslane
Â* 2 anaheim peppers
Â* cherry tomatoes
Â* 2 ichiebon eggplant

I made Ratatouille.Â* The peppers were the magic ingredient.

Am I now officially upgraded from a black thumb to
a grey thumb?

I sincerely appreciate all the help you guys gave me in
getting to this point.

Next year, I grow less zukes.Â* My freezer is filling up!
(I will have to cope!)

-T

Â*Â* Make zucchini bread . Don't forget the raisins .

:-)

I could always trying giving some to my neighbors.Â* nah ...

We often just cut them into 3/8" disks, fry in olive oil until the brown a
bit (be patient) then hit them with salt and pepper with some grated parm.

We take turns cutting them in half and leaving the other half slice to the
other person, frying pan after frying pan etc.

--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3
Old 13-08-2018, 09:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 08/13/2018 08:33 AM, Wilson wrote:
On 08/10/18 11:11 PM, T wrote:
On 08/10/2018 06:56 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 8/10/2018 5:57 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

My 08-04-2018 harvest:
Â*Â* https://ibb.co/gt07Qp

From top right to bottom left
[...]

YUM!

Ronde-de-nice are shaped like small pumpkins. I am
looking forward to cutting up from five inch steaks
and frying them up!

Old 13-08-2018, 09:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 08/11/2018 04:13 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 8/10/2018 10:11 PM, T wrote:

I could always trying giving some to my neighbors.Â* nah ...

Â* Several years back we had so much zucchini and cucumbers I was
considering looking for cars parked downtown with the doors unlocked ...
the neighbors and all of our friends were sick of them too !

After all, the definition of a small town is that you
have to lock your car doors or you will find your back
seat filled with zucchini!

:-)

I tried giving some to my neighbor on Saturday, but no one
was home and I thought it would be a bit tacky just to leave
them on his from door step.