Old 24-09-2018, 12:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Pretty Picture

Hi All,

This is an Anaheim Pepper. I waited three weeks to get
this picture.

I call the picture "Fire and Ice":

https://ibb.co/eDvr2U

:-)

-T

Yes, they were very yummy!

Yes, I cheated and misted the plant before
taking the picture.
Old 25-09-2018, 12:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 9/24/2018 5:19 AM, T wrote:
Hi All,

This is an Anaheim Pepper.Â* I waited three weeks to get
this picture.

I call the picture "Fire and Ice":

Â*Â*Â* https://ibb.co/eDvr2U

:-)

-T

Yes, they were very yummy!

Yes, I cheated and misted the plant before
taking the picture.

yummy!

--
Maggie
Old 26-09-2018, 01:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

T wrote:
Hi All,

This is an Anaheim Pepper. I waited three weeks to get
this picture.

I call the picture "Fire and Ice":

https://ibb.co/eDvr2U

:-)

-T

Yes, they were very yummy!

Yes, I cheated and misted the plant before
taking the picture.

they very hot?

starting to get cold at night here. just
had some rains so we should be good for a week.

songbird
Old 26-09-2018, 10:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 9/26/18 4:19 AM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
Hi All,

This is an Anaheim Pepper. I waited three weeks to get
this picture.

I call the picture "Fire and Ice":

https://ibb.co/eDvr2U

:-)

-T

Yes, they were very yummy!

Yes, I cheated and misted the plant before
taking the picture.

they very hot?

I little bit. I can eat them straight and raw.
But only bits at a time. Nice chili flavor.
No green bell pepper accents, which I really
don't care for.

starting to get cold at night here. just
had some rains so we should be good for a week.

Here too. My zukes at slowing giving it up.
They "say" maybe some rain next week. We need it!
Old 01-10-2018, 04:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

T wrote:
songbird wrote:
T wrote:
Hi All,

This is an Anaheim Pepper. I waited three weeks to get
this picture.

they very hot?

I little bit. I can eat them straight and raw.
But only bits at a time. Nice chili flavor.
No green bell pepper accents, which I really
don't care for.

i like red peppers, but i've found out i've become
picky about what they taste like. i will eat green
peppers at times, but much prefer the red in
comparison. we grew six green pepper plants this
past season and gave all of them away. next year
i'm not growing any because that's a waste of space.

i ate a few dozen of the red peppers i grew this
year and didn't much like them and so many were
damaged, i gave a lot away and then ditched the
rest of the crop.

we haven't pulled the tomato plants out yet,
there's a few flowering and a few green tomatoes on
them. this late in the season they tend to be
thin walled and not very much flavor and they'll
easily get rot spots on them if they even make it
to getting ripe so we usually have the plants
pulled and buried. once the frosts come they're
kaput.

starting to get cold at night here. just
had some rains so we should be good for a week.

Here too. My zukes at slowing giving it up.
They "say" maybe some rain next week. We need it!

i hope so for your sakes. been way too dry out
there... we've had plenty this year.

just had the chimney cap repaired and sealed so
perhaps have finally got the leak taken care of...
we'll see... have had a good hard rain since then
and the past few days it's rained off and on.
this next week is forecast for rain almost every
day.

yesterday i got out and picked most of the dry
beans i could find and some that were ready enough
to pick anyways. we love shellies from lima beans
and i try out various others too if i have enough
just to see what they're like. i had a small batch
of lima shellies cooked up and everything else
shelled in a few hours. not much left out there
except a few stubborn plants... the cold hopefully
sent them the message to finish up so i can get
them harvested before a frost comes along.

songbird