Garlic too long in ground?`

Old 30-05-2003, 07:44 PM
[email protected]

Default Garlic too long in ground?`

If I left my garlic, ready to harvest, in the ground, what would happen to
it? Does it go bad? Get too tough?
Just wondering.
Roz
az usa

Old 30-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Gary Woods

" wrote:

If I left my garlic, ready to harvest, in the ground, what would happen to
it?

The wrapper leaves break down, the bulbs open up, and it doesn't keep well.
Answering the previous post; I hang mine in bundles in a shed for about 30
days, until the tops are bone dry. DO NOT keep it in the sun; it sunburns,
hurting keeping quality.

Yours in bad breath,

Old 30-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Beecrofter

" wrote in message news:JDNBa.41195$hd6.34992@fed1read05...
If I left my garlic, ready to harvest, in the ground, what would happen to
it? Does it go bad? Get too tough?
Just wondering.
Roz
az usa

The wrapper splits, the cloves open , soil fills between them, they sprout.