When Do You Dig Up Your Potatoes?

Old 28-07-2003, 07:02 AM
Sue Sorensen

Default When Do You Dig Up Your Potatoes?

I have some nice looking potato plants. How do I know when it's time to dig
up the potatoes? Just dig up some and see how they're doing? Or is there
some other way to tell? Thanks.

Old 28-07-2003, 10:42 AM
samuel l crowe

after they bloom they will start to die back, thats the time

--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC
. net...

Old 28-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Matt

"Sue Sorensen" wrote in message .net...
I have some nice looking potato plants. How do I know when it's time to dig
up the potatoes? Just dig up some and see how they're doing? Or is there
some other way to tell? Thanks.

Sue,

You can dig "new potatoes" anytime after they bloom, usually about 8
weeks after planting. You can continue digging them at anytime during
the growing season. However, after the foliage has died, you must dig
any remaining potatoes. If you leave them in the ground, they may
start sprouting or rot. I'm a first year gardener, but followed this
guidance and had great success.

Potatoes Mark Allison United Kingdom 6 22-03-2003 11:30 AM
Potatoes Mark Allison United Kingdom 0 21-03-2003 11:20 AM
Potatoes in containers Natalie United Kingdom 2 16-03-2003 09:20 AM
Where to find potatoes? Cindy Huffman North Carolina 0 15-03-2003 08:20 PM
Potatoes and timing Dwayne United Kingdom 0 09-02-2003 01:34 PM