Old 27-05-2004, 12:05 PM
Stan Goodman

Default Container size for chilis and tomatillos

I have seedlings of tomatillo and of several varieties of chili peppers
ready for planting in containers. I'd be grateful for advice on required
container size (diameter and depth) for these plants.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

To send me email, please replace the CAPITAL_LETTERS with "sig". Please do
not send me HTML-formatted messages.Please do not send me attachments
without telling me beforehand.

Old 27-05-2004, 03:06 PM
DigitalVinyl

"Stan Goodman" wrote:

I have seedlings of tomatillo and of several varieties of chili peppers
ready for planting in containers. I'd be grateful for advice on required
container size (diameter and depth) for these plants.

My tomato and peppers did well in a 12x12x12 pot. That's about 7.5
gallons depending upon how hig you fill it. For a round container
that's 15" round, 10 high to 12" round x 15 high.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
2nd year gardener
Old 27-05-2004, 08:10 PM
zxcvbob

Stan Goodman wrote:

I have seedlings of tomatillo and of several varieties of chili peppers
ready for planting in containers. I'd be grateful for advice on required
container size (diameter and depth) for these plants.

What varieties of chiles? Some only grow less than 2 feet tall, and
I've seen others over 9 feet tall. (I'm growing all new varieties this
year and have no idea how close to plant them)

The tomatilloes I grew last year ended up about 5 or 6 feet tall,
spilling out of their little wire cages and sprawled all over
themselves. I will put them in 5' heavy wire cages this year.

Bob

Heirloom Chilis or Peppers? Crystal Braun Edible Gardening 3 06-04-2007 03:11 PM
Jalapeno chilis Jeremy Lunn Australia 1 27-12-2003 09:32 AM
How do I use/store my red chilis? Kevin Miller Edible Gardening 5 29-09-2003 04:32 AM
Storing chilis? David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 9 22-08-2003 08:12 PM
harvesting chilis Neil Catley Edible Gardening 19 19-07-2003 03:12 AM