Old 29-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Glenna Rose

Default LIE!!! VIRUS!!!---Arnold ...

writes:

I don't mean to be scare anyone from the use of Microsoft
Operating Systems, just want to let them know that there
are some things that should be avoided.

I do recommend using the FireFox browser instead of
Internet Explorer to browse the Internet. FireFox is a free
browser that offers enough usefulness to be useful and it is
more Internet compatible than Internet Explorer is.

If people are really paranoid, I could suggest the Amaya
browser which is available free of charge from the people that
set up the HTML standards and is found at this link:

http://www.w3.org/amaya

There will be a substantial loss of functionality though with the
Amaya browser. But it is free and it is slightly more secure than
the FireFox and a whole lot more secure than Internet Explorer.

Or . . .

Get a Mac!

Glenna
(and then there's Linux)

Old 30-07-2004, 01:19 AM
Jim Carlock

A Mac ? I eat Mac's every so often. I prefer a Granny
Smith though. I'll have to look for that Linux variety next
time I shop. ;-)

--
Jim Carlock
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/