Old 02-03-2005, 12:39 AM
Daniel Prince

Default Powdery mildew resistant plant seeds

I am tired of my summer squash, cucumbers and pole beans getting
powdery mildew all the time. Where can I get seeds for plants that
are resistant to powdery mildew? Thank you in advance for all
replies.
in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.

Old 08-03-2005, 11:47 PM
John Savage

Daniel Prince writes:
I am tired of my summer squash, cucumbers and pole beans getting
powdery mildew all the time. Where can I get seeds for plants that
are resistant to powdery mildew? Thank you in advance for all

If you plant fast-growing early-bearing crops then you should find that
you get most of the crop before the mildew sets in. So, how about growing
the apple cucumbers, and picking them small. You can probably find small
fruiting varieties of summer squash, too. Have you tried the milk-and-
water spray for mildew? Google for the recipe.

Zucchinis do succumb to mildew, but usually only after they have given
the better part of their crop.

You are taking care not to dampen the leaves when you water the plants,
are you? Squash and cucumbers might do better if you can grow them on
a trellis, or on horizontal netting, to get them up off the ground so
that air can circulate underneath to minimise humidity.