Old 20-11-2005, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Bill Stock

Default Current in the planted tank

What filters do you run on your tank to minimize current?

I was replanting some Ludwigia yesterday and I would like to have moved it
to the back corner of the tank. But the output from the AquaClear would not
have been good for it I'm sure. The Cabomba on the other side of the tank is
starting to take some abuse already;time for a pruning.

Old 21-11-2005, 06:18 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-lo

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
.. .
What filters do you run on your tank to minimize current?

I was replanting some Ludwigia yesterday and I would like to have moved it
to the back corner of the tank. But the output from the AquaClear would
not have been good for it I'm sure. The Cabomba on the other side of the
tank is starting to take some abuse already;time for a pruning.

=================================
You can turn down the current with Aquaclears. Or buy a smaller Aquaclear
for the tank.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:

Old 21-11-2005, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Larry Blanchard

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:38:46 -0600, Rocco Moretti wrote:

When I cared about it, I made a DIY flow diverter for my Aquaclear. I got
a small (page sized) piece of thin acrylic from my local hardware store,
cut it out into a horizontally stretched 'H' shape, and bent the legs
over, using the heat from a candle. The top legs were bent over further,
to form two hooks. I then slipped these hooks over the side of the tank,
on either side of the filter. The lower legs held the apparatus off the
inside of the glass, and The middle bar of the H was thus positioned in
the spillway of the Aquaclear filter. Hitting the acrylic slowed/distrubed
the flow of the filter, reducing the turbulence in the tank.

Great idea! I've been thinking about a diverter to point the flow along
the back wall, creating a circular current. A simple adaptation of your
idea should do it. Thanks.

Old 03-12-2005, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
P&L

Bill,

Switch to a canister filter. You can then arrange the spray bar any where
and in any direction(s) you want. I have mine on the side, mid level,
spraying at several angles down the length of the tank with a segmented
spray bar. The surface remains undisturbed for less CO2 loss and the plants
don't take a beating. Also, Eheim filters (not Fluval) make great CO2
reactors.

Phil

.. .

Old 15-09-2011, 01:05 AM
Registered User

The top legs were angled over further, to anatomy two hooks. I again slipped these hooks over the ancillary of the tank, on either ancillary of the filter. The lower legs captivated the accoutrement off the inside of the glass, and The average bar of the H was appropriately positioned in the spillway of the Aquaclear filter.
Old 14-12-2023, 07:26 AM
Registered User

up lên top nha mọi người, chúc may mắn