Old 21-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Pedro

Default Need to redo planted tank

I will have to redo my 58G tank due to dying of my plants and others covered
with algae.
What plants do you suggest for a 58G tank(froreground, midle ground,
background) and what quantities?
Will like to have some red, green plants. Tank will have driftwood and some
rocks. Theme is south american with angels and bolivian rams.

Thanks

Old 22-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Dogma Discharge

There's no point in buying new plants until you get your co2 and ferts
sorted first. Not enough co2 is why you have algae in the frst place. Did I
mention co2?
--
Kind Regards
Cameron

. ..

Old 23-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Pedro

I think is more of a lights problem.
I did not have enought light which can also be a cause for algae, even when
Co2 and ferts are presents.
The same can be said about a tank that is not well planted. Algae is present
in a tanl waiting for the ooportunity to grow and show itself.
In a well planted tank, the plants will out compete the algae for nutrients
and not the other way around.

"Dogma Discharge" wrote in message

There's no point in buying new plants until you get your co2 and ferts
sorted first. Not enough co2 is why you have algae in the frst place. Did
mention co2?
--
Kind Regards
Cameron

. ..

Old 15-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Registered User

The aforementioned can be said about a catchbasin that is not able-bodied planted. Algae is present in a tanl cat-and-mouse for the ooportunity to abound and appearance itself. In a able-bodied buried tank, the plants will out attempt the algae for nutrients and not the added way around.

Planted Tank Focus Group -- CO2 tank system fireblade Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 06-09-2005 04:17 PM
Wanting to redo my butterfly garden..can I dig up Cannas now? junkyardcat Gardening 8 03-08-2005 03:33 AM
[IBC] Fertilizer redo Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 02-04-2005 03:26 AM
RO for a planted tank: Shakey's tank Shakey Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 07-12-2003 04:04 AM
RO for a planted tank: Shaky's tank [email protected] Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 06-12-2003 07:03 PM