Old 12-02-2006, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
ah

Default Yellow tips on Amazon swords?

I just upgraded my 75 gallon tank with a 110 watt compact fluorescent
and a 40 regular tube light. I wanted to take another shot at growing
plants...recently all I've had in there were java ferns which are no
brainers.

I put a couple Amazon swords in, hoping the added light would keep
things healthy. It's only been a few days and maybe I'm
hallucinating, but it looks like the tips of the leaves are already
getting a little brown or yellow.

Any idea on what the problem is? I am intending to add a CO2 injector
soon, but wanted to see what the effect would be with just the extra
light initially. I had added a dose of Flora Pride too right around
the time I added the new plants.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy
Old 12-02-2006, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Jan

You could try fertilizer pellets. I use the Sachem brand. Works wonders
for me, the sword plants grow great with it. I find that the liquid
fertilizer is not enough for my plants. I use these pellets about twice
a year, or when the plants start to grow deformed / discoloured leaves.
It's a good indication of lack of nutrients.

Old 15-02-2006, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
fusQuanto

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_nutrient.htm
that should help you. also i did what you did as well, first lights,
then co2 later. it was an algae fest