Old 19-04-2006, 05:40 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Daniel Morrow

Default Any one interested in some hornwort?

Any one interested in some hornwort? Mine is growing back strong and I will
soon either have to throw it into the compost pit or sell it to some one. If
anyone wants any and doesn't mind totally reimbursing me i can send some to
you./them. Good luck and later!

Old 20-04-2006, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-Lo

"Daniel Morrow" wrote in message
Any one interested in some hornwort? Mine is growing back strong and I
will
soon either have to throw it into the compost pit or sell it to some one.
If
anyone wants any and doesn't mind totally reimbursing me i can send some
you./them. Good luck and later!

==================
That's very kind of you Daniel. I found one small piece still alive in one
of my 10g tanks. I'm hoping mine makes a comeback. :-))
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 21-04-2006, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Daniel Morrow

Bottom posted.
"Koi-Lo" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks koi-lo - I hope yours makes a total comeback as well. Offer is still
open of course - any takers? Good luck and later!

Old 22-04-2006, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Nikki Casali

Daniel Morrow wrote:

Thanks koi-lo - I hope yours makes a total comeback as well. Offer is still
open of course - any takers? Good luck and later!

I'd love some, but I presume you're on the other side of that big ol'
pond? I gave up trying to get hold of hornwort in the UK over a year
ago. I've only ever seen pictures of it!

Nikki

Old 22-04-2006, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Gill Passman

Nikki Casali wrote:
Daniel Morrow wrote:

Thanks koi-lo - I hope yours makes a total comeback as well. Offer is
still
open of course - any takers? Good luck and later!

I'd love some, but I presume you're on the other side of that big ol'
pond? I gave up trying to get hold of hornwort in the UK over a year
ago. I've only ever seen pictures of it!

Nikki

Although possible, I guess through being sneaky, I would really advise
against importing stuff into the UK without a licence or correct
documentation...something way beyond a friendly plant swop on the net....

If you like, I'll check out the places that I go to and see if we can do
some sort of a swop if I ever find it....one LFS is quite tame and will
order stuff in for me if I ask (and he can get it)

Gill

Old 22-04-2006, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Daniel Morrow

Bottom posted.
"Nikki Casali" wrote in message
Daniel Morrow wrote:

Thanks koi-lo - I hope yours makes a total comeback as well. Offer is

still
open of course - any takers? Good luck and later!

I'd love some, but I presume you're on the other side of that big ol'
pond? I gave up trying to get hold of hornwort in the UK over a year
ago. I've only ever seen pictures of it!

Nikki

Unfortunately for the deal I do live on the other side of the pond. :-( I
live on the west coast of the USA (aargh - sorry about that!). I might try
selling on aquabid.com sometime though. Hornwort can be a great plant, I
just wish I could grow it good in 2 of my other tanks - it just won't grow
in them at all. Good luck and later!

Old 23-04-2006, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Daniel Morrow wrote:

Thanks koi-lo - I hope yours makes a total comeback as well. Offer is

still

open of course - any takers? Good luck and later!

I'd love some, but I presume you're on the other side of that big ol'
pond? I gave up trying to get hold of hornwort in the UK over a year
ago. I've only ever seen pictures of it!

Nikki

Unfortunately for the deal I do live on the other side of the pond. :-( I
live on the west coast of the USA (aargh - sorry about that!). I might try
selling on aquabid.com sometime though. Hornwort can be a great plant, I
just wish I could grow it good in 2 of my other tanks - it just won't grow
in them at all. Good luck and later!

it thrives in my tank...i just cropped mine and pulled out a 4ft long
stem of it from my 75 gallon....
Old 23-04-2006, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Daniel Morrow

Bottom posted.
wrote in message
. ..

Daniel Morrow wrote:

[...]

Right on! I just wish I knew what characteristic(s) my other tanks differ
with when compared to my silver dollar tank which grows hornwort like crazy!
Good luck and later!

Old 23-04-2006, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Daniel Morrow wrote:

Bottom posted.
wrote in message
. ..

Daniel Morrow wrote:

Bottom posted.
"Nikki Casali" wrote in message
.. .

Daniel Morrow wrote:

[...]

my tank has a little low ph..like 6.8 i think last i checked...and its
hard water with alot of iron in it...my tank is WAY underlit for the
amount of plants i have in it...im just waiting for my dad to make me a
nice wooden hood so i can put some more lights in it. right now i just
have a single bulb light strip and an all glass top.

the tank does however get alot of natual lighting. its all livebearers
and a couple of corydoras and soon to be a couple of neons my red sword
is doing ok....but the hornwort is taking over my tank....i used that
4ft crop to put into a 5 gallon hex hospital tank to cycle it.

i started with 2 pretty thin plants and now it took over pretty much a
1/4 of my tank. i need to thin it some more and re-root it

Old 25-04-2006, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Nikki Casali

Gill Passman wrote:

Nikki Casali wrote:

Daniel Morrow wrote:

Thanks koi-lo - I hope yours makes a total comeback as well. Offer is
still
open of course - any takers? Good luck and later!

I'd love some, but I presume you're on the other side of that big ol'
pond? I gave up trying to get hold of hornwort in the UK over a year
ago. I've only ever seen pictures of it!

Nikki

Although possible, I guess through being sneaky, I would really advise
against importing stuff into the UK without a licence or correct
documentation...something way beyond a friendly plant swop on the net....
If you like, I'll check out the places that I go to and see if we can do
some sort of a swop if I ever find it....one LFS is quite tame and will
order stuff in for me if I ask (and he can get it)

Sure. But I have never seen it sold in any of the chains, though.
Strange. One strand would be suffient. I've got water sprite and java
fern growing out of control in my tanks at the moment. It's be nice to
see something different that could compete.

Nikki

Old 26-04-2006, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Torrens (news)

In article ,
Nikki Casali wrote:
Gill Passman wrote:

Sure. But I have never seen it sold in any of the chains, though.
Strange. One strand would be suffient. I've got water sprite and java
fern growing out of control in my tanks at the moment. It's be nice to
see something different that could compete.

Nikki

if your email address worked you would have receivd an email offering
hornwort from a UK address...

The address I am using doesxwork!

Richard Torrens. N.B. email address is valid.
All email addresses are copyright. Resale or use on any lists is expressly forbidden.
4QD manufacture speed controllers for battery electric motors.
www sites
http://www.4QD.org and http://www.4QD.co.uk
---------- We use a RISC PC 32 bit RISC computer ----------------
Old 27-04-2006, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Nikki Casali

Richard Torrens (news) wrote:
In article ,
Nikki Casali wrote:

Gill Passman wrote:

Sure. But I have never seen it sold in any of the chains, though.
Strange. One strand would be suffient. I've got water sprite and java
fern growing out of control in my tanks at the moment. It's be nice to
see something different that could compete.

Nikki

if your email address worked you would have receivd an email offering
hornwort from a UK address...

The address I am using doesxwork!

Remove embedded SPAM. I have replied.

Nikki

Old 30-04-2006, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
UnworthyDuDe

I would see if your community has Local Aquarium Society or club and see if
you can trade it , sell it or give it away

Old 30-04-2006, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Daniel Morrow

Bottom posted.

"Koi-Lo" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks - that's a good idea! Good luck all and later!