Old 10-04-2007, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Default Trolls

http://www.usenet.com/articles/usenet_trolls.htm

http://www.binaries.net/articles/usenet_trolls.htm

Old 12-04-2007, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

On 10 Apr 2007 14:54:49 -0700, wrote:

http://www.usenet.com/articles/usenet_trolls.htm

http://www.binaries.net/articles/usenet_trolls.htm

"The only way to deal with trolls is just to ignore them and to go
about your business having fun talking with other people on Usenet."

This is the part people seem to have a problem with. Personally, I
feel that you can't be a part time troll and expect your on topic
posts to be considered with any amount of respect.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

On 10 Apr 2007 14:54:49 -0700, wrote:

http://www.usenet.com/articles/usenet_trolls.htm

http://www.binaries.net/articles/usenet_trolls.htm

"Trolls will show no understanding of Usenet etiquette or Netiquette."

Our Troll thinks the charter is meaningless and is a top-poster to
boot.

I realize I am not a big contributer to this group but one of the
first things I did upon my return to the hobby was look up usenet
groups devoted to freshwater and planted aquariums. I can tell you
from the perspective of a usenet veteran/rec.aquaria newbie that what
I found was disheartening. I can only imagine how many people come to
the group looking for on-topic discussion and leave after lurking a
bit.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Old 14-04-2007, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:16:15 -0500, cailinsdad
wrote:

On 10 Apr 2007 14:54:49 -0700, wrote:

http://www.usenet.com/articles/usenet_trolls.htm

http://www.binaries.net/articles/usenet_trolls.htm

"Trolls will show no understanding of Usenet etiquette or Netiquette."

Our Troll thinks the charter is meaningless and is a top-poster to
boot.

I realize I am not a big contributer to this group but one of the
first things I did upon my return to the hobby was look up usenet
groups devoted to freshwater and planted aquariums. I can tell you
from the perspective of a usenet veteran/rec.aquaria newbie that what
I found was disheartening. I can only imagine how many people come to
the group looking for on-topic discussion and leave after lurking a
bit.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Just to add mine, I used usenet a lot years ago, am now on the point
of giving up. Some people seem to me to be mentally unwell in their
persistence and ruin the forums for anyone else

Stephen Parry London W2