Old 28-04-2003, 11:44 AM
LeighMo

Default Lightly planted tank

Its submerged in the water and right now i am sticking it at the top
and back of the tank and the tube is facing 45 degrees downwards.
Anyway, I can stick the tube of light anywhere in the tank as long as
there is a surface for the suction cup to hold. I can face the light
anywhere i want too.

Wow, I've never seen a light like that. There's no light in your tank hood?

The tube is about 3 feet long, right now the color of the light is
pinkish, think the kelvin is very low for that. The tube is about 1.5
inch in diameter.

Sounds like a 30 watt bulb.

The plants will grow toward the light, so the best place for it is above the
tank. If you can't do that, then where you have it is probably best.

Leigh

Old 28-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Vincent

"LeighMo" wrote in message
Its submerged in the water and right now i am sticking it at the top
and back of the tank and the tube is facing 45 degrees downwards.
Anyway, I can stick the tube of light anywhere in the tank as long as
there is a surface for the suction cup to hold. I can face the light
anywhere i want too.

Wow, I've never seen a light like that. There's no light in your tank

hood?

I dun have a tank hood

The tube is about 3 feet long, right now the color of the light is
pinkish, think the kelvin is very low for that. The tube is about 1.5
inch in diameter.

Sounds like a 30 watt bulb.

The plants will grow toward the light, so the best place for it is above

the
tank. If you can't do that, then where you have it is probably best.

I think I will have to sell the submerged light or stick it to the glass top
that i have over the tank. My tank is somewhat like a 4 feet glass container

Probably I would have to swap the tube inside the tube holder.

Leigh

Old 30-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered User

If you have a planting plan to maintain the aquarium and a sword or other aquatic fern, then you should consider the T5 lights or compact. Compact lighting is old technology, low efficiency.