Old 06-02-2003, 03:58 AM
LeighMo

Default Eheim Assembly ?

However, I'm curious about the spraybar attachment. The section with the
rigid
90d tube is attached to the flexible hosing that drapes over the back of the
tank. Is there a way to prevent kinking? Is there a 180d rigid piece
available
that hangs on the tank's back (for the outflo)?
Suggestions?

I think you're missing a part. My Eheim came with two J-shaped pieces of rigid
green tubing, meant to hook over the sides of the tank. One for intake, one
for the spray bar.

Leigh

Old 06-02-2003, 04:22 AM
Aqua

I think you're missing a part. My Eheim came with two J-shaped pieces of
rigid
green tubing, meant to hook over the sides of the tank. One for intake,

one
for the spray bar.

My 2213 came with one. But my intake was like inverted "J" type.

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 06-02-2003, 08:48 PM
linda mar

"Iain Miller" wrote in message

I've got two 2224s under my 90USG tank.

[lots of interesting pre-filtering methods snipped]
.......but then its all fairly typical of me really!

rgds

I.

Hi!

wow. you have some impressive setup. thank you for your reply.

with only 2 chambers what is common thing to do if you need to put in carbon
filter to get medication, etc out? I assume you keep the Ehfisubstrat, but
do you do a 50-50 ehfimech/carbon split with some thin foam to separate the
two levels in one basket?

I wonder if anyone has tried mix/match the 2222 and 2224 baskets inside
2224? i guess it wouldn't fit..?

linda

Old 07-02-2003, 05:47 AM
Kcristy

The "Classic" line of filters don't come with that rigid outflow piece. There
is only a small "elbow" piece to curve into the spraybar. My 2217 is the same.
I've just let the tube drape over the tank edge, but I might change my mind
and buy that "Shepherds Crook" eventually. I'm still getting pretty good flow
because the tube isn't kinked too much.

If you go to http://www.eheimparts.com/client/homepage.aspx and click on
"cannister filters" and you can find your model.

You do want to watch how the tubes hang down below the tank... I left the
outflow tube a bit too long and discovered it had kinked near the filter and
almost completely shut down the flow for a couple days.

Cris

In article , "Iain Miller"
writes:

"Nsty N8" wrote in message
Hello there....

I finally broke down and purchased an Eheim (2213) Canister Filter!
The Germans (notice my last name) are geniuses, they really know their
engineering!
However, I'm curious about the spraybar attachment. The section with the

rigid
90d tube is attached to the flexible hosing that drapes over the back of

the
tank. Is there a way to prevent kinking? Is there a 180d rigid piece

available
that hangs on the tank's back (for the outflo)?
Suggestions?

Not following you exactly (!) - I thought all Eheims came with two pieces of
rigid tube - one is a 180 degree bend for the inflow & the other is what's
refered to as a "Shepherds Crook" for the outflow....effects a 90 degree
bend back into the tank

Have a look at http://www.eheimparts.com/pdf/2224.pdf - look at the bottom
left hand corner of the page & you'll see the thing I mean.

Old 07-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Andre Malenfant

I had the same probem but managed to do the job using flexible tube
and succion cups!
Old 07-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Andre Malenfant

Cold frame assembly Econerd Gardening 6 24-01-2012 11:00 PM
Greenhouse Assembly Nigel Evans United Kingdom 7 15-06-2007 03:44 PM
Help with Assembly of Rubbermaid 35 Gallon Biofilter Bowhunter Ponds 3 21-05-2005 12:26 AM
Eheim Ecco Problem - Eheim's Response JazzyB! Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 28-10-2003 08:12 PM
Eheim Assembly ? Nsty N8 Freshwater Aquaria Plants 7 20-04-2003 07:22 AM