Old 24-02-2003, 03:07 AM
Katt

Default Ich meds for planted tanks

What Ich medications work with planted tanks? Thanks!

~Katt

Old 24-02-2003, 03:18 AM
LeighMo

What Ich medications work with planted tanks? Thanks!

Use a dye-based medication. The copper-based ones should be avoided in a
planted tank.

The most effective medication is one containing malachite green and formalin.

See my guide to treating ich in a planted tank:

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/...en/881/ich.htm

Leigh

Old 24-02-2003, 03:42 PM
Frank Mamone

Thanks for the guide. You have a typo though.

It says, do not turn OFF the lights instead on Do not turn ON.

Old 25-02-2003, 04:16 AM
C1000mg

I always use copperSafe from mardel and It works realy good in my planted
tank, I tryed Quick Cure is base on malachite green and formalin and It
didn't work at all, used it for two weeks and It didn't do anything, I'm
just wondering why you shouldn't use copper base med in a planted tank ?? it
didn't kill my plants the only thing was that my snails die but I still have
some, good to clean my tank...

Old 25-02-2003, 05:43 AM
LeighMo

I'm
just wondering why you shouldn't use copper base med in a planted tank ??

Copper is poisonous to plants. At least, more so than malachite green and
formalin. It won't cause immediate problems, but you may notice damage to the
plants a few weeks later.

Also, many planted tank keepers have snails and shrimp in their tanks. As you
noticed, copper is very toxic to invertebrates.

Leigh